Author Topic: Unix & blockland  (Read 4237 times)

does blockland have an edition on unix? I played it back in January... about 1 week before TSS (now ATOS) told veiwers about it... ANYWAY I had all comps. that had blockland installed had gotten hackers... (scripting/hacking websites) I now am using a Unix (havent gotten a virus in about 4 months! coming up on my 5th) and I was wondering if I can use blockland on my Unix.

ty,
      connor

:cookieMonster::cookie::cookieMonster:

does blockland have an edition on unix? I played it back in January... about 1 week before TSS (now ATOS) told veiwers about it... ANYWAY I had all comps. that had blockland installed had gotten hackers... (scripting/hacking websites) I now am using a Unix (havent gotten a virus in about 4 months! coming up on my 5th) and I was wondering if I can use blockland on my Unix.

ty,
      connor

:cookieMonster::cookie::cookieMonster:

Yes you can.  I made a linux/unix bash script that will be included in AiO-R, but it's fairly simple to do without the script.  Download wine, then type "wine blockLand.exe -game fps -mod your mod"

I Made a recent port to Mac OS, but I wonder, will Wine work with Macs?

No, for wine, you need to use Darwine, or something.

Bandera, that doesn't work, you need to edit the main.cs to load the mod. Wine doesn't send parameters correctly (atleast my version didn't).

Darwine Link: http://darwine.opendarwin.org/

Bandera, that doesn't work, you need to edit the main.cs to load the mod. Wine doesn't send parameters correctly (atleast my version didn't).

Weird.  I do have mine updated to the newest version of wine, so that might be why.

sometimes wine does act funny, but later down the road, I am sure it will ply it almost natively.