Author Topic: I need help converting audio files  (Read 778 times)

So I want to start making music for Blockland but Audacity doesn't convert WMA files, does anyone know any safe programs that can convert WMA to WAV or OGG?

ffmpeg install on audacity should import wma unless they are drm protected wma files in which case you probably have to go with some shady importer since microsoft threatens anyone with legal issues if they try to reverse engineer their drm wma files

my suggestion is just get the audio from another source unless you can get it to work with ffmpeg on audacity

what the forget is a wma

what the forget is a wma
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=what+is+a+wma+file&oq=what+is+a+wma+file&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2287j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
ffmpeg install on audacity should import wma unless they are drm protected wma files in which case you probably have to go with some shady importer since microsoft threatens anyone with legal issues if they try to reverse engineer their drm wma files

my suggestion is just get the audio from another source unless you can get it to work with ffmpeg on audacity
I got them on CD so I'm not really sure what would be on them, if you can recommend any safe way to get them then please recommend something.

just use some stuffe online converter or play them and record the audio as it plays with What U Hear lol
if its a one time thing

It won't be a one time thing, I want to convert music I own so I can hear it in my Blockland servers.

AoA Audio Extractor Basic

converts to .wav but not .ogg

when adding a file set it to "all file types" beforehand

i haven't tested it out too thoroughly so give it a whirl

Adobe Audition can convert to .ogg and .wav i think

Use the sox command line tool, it allows you to manipulate, edit and convert audio file between formats.

http://sox.sourceforge.net

AoA Audio Extractor Basic

converts to .wav but not .ogg

when adding a file set it to "all file types" beforehand

i haven't tested it out too thoroughly so give it a whirl

Adobe Audition can convert to .ogg and .wav i think
Mind getting me a link for it? That would be very helpful if you could.

i believe foobar can convert wma files to wav or ogg. this was 4 years ago though, i dunno if they still do it.

Thanks for the help guys but I've found out that you can rip into WAV or MP3 through Windows Media Player, so I won't need any software, but again, thanks for helping.