why do half the forumers here barely play blockland

Author Topic: why do half the forumers here barely play blockland  (Read 3267 times)

it's a constant stuffty loop of people not making enough quality servers, so people stop playing and it never gets better because people go on the game to try to make quality servers and it's barren so they give up
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:09:28 PM by Tactical Nuke »

I dont really play because the servers that are up for building are either run by jackasses like Serings or are full of spam. I really only play when a good server pops up and a friend tells me.

it's constant stuffty loop of people not making enough quality servers, so people stop playing and it never gets better because people go on the game to try to make quality servers and it's barren so they give up

Also this

I surpassed 420 hours and didn't realise it until 8 hours later because I'm a loving neanderthal so now I'm ashamed to launch the game again

because blockland is boring edd JESUS forget

Personally, I was never originally here for the game. I bought the game on Steam for the key to register up a forum account.

Blockland is a pure sandbox. That means that if you're not a visual creative (like me, awful at making custom builds, including in just normal LEGO and Minecraft), then all the fun comes from the servers which have associated game-modes, and I just don't like what servers are on offer. There's nothing that screams, "This is something you really want to play." That means the only time I'll find the motivation to play is if my friends invite me to something they're enjoying, but nowadays I'm stack up with so much work, it's hard to find the time. Add in the fact I've got other games I want to commit to like Destiny 2, and yeah.

I'm actually working on a mod project for Blockland which has the design goal of trying to find something that would entertain even me. Won't be out for a long while and I'll need to find people to do the build side of it, but I think it's going to be pretty awesome once complete.

Personally, I was never originally here for the game. I bought the game on Steam for the key to register up a forum account.

wait you seriously joined just for the forums?  lmao what

did you hear about us on RRU or something

did you hear about us on RRU or something
Basically. My RRU buddies introduced me to RTB (there's a couple different uploads of my first time playing on YouTube), and then they made some off comments about how entertaining the forums were, so I lurked for a little while until Blockland found itself on Steam, purchased it but then had to wait until they finished the account linking process.

It's not to say Blockland can't be fun, but I was really entertained by a lot of the threads back then and so I wanted in. It's like Something Awful Lite Edition.

electrk and mcjob explained it pretty well; offtopic gradually became its own community which is separate from (though heavily influenced by) blockland

Because you're all beautiful people ❤️

because i dont like the game very much, but the forum can be a lot of fun

been playing every day for a while now

While checking my Steam game-time for another thread, I discovered that Blockland is my second most played Steam game at 206.8 hours. I find that interesting given that I didn't buy the game for the game. It's probably a result of hours spent in Kreon's, Rising Lava, Boss Battles and New Year's when I was dragged into those servers by friends.

For comparison sake, I've gotten 3500 hours total from around 260 of my Steam games (only 23% of my entire Steam library). My average playtime is just under 14 hours per game, but I have about 100 or more games with 5 hours or less playtime. I just nowadays can't really afford to sit and play through a game to it's length.

eh.
I don't usually play it unless I have a build in mind, or I wish to remind myself of the extreme variety of wonderful servers...

i migr8ed to stiim and it crashes after 5 minuets now .

it's constant stuffty loop of people not making enough quality servers, so people stop playing and it never gets better because people go on the game to try to make quality servers and it's barren so they give up