Need help making an important life decision

Author Topic: Need help making an important life decision  (Read 1297 times)

Really you'll learn some extremely valuable skills (hopefully) and it's the kind of job that gives real satisfaction (hopefully)

long as your dad isn't expecting you to commit for life i don't see why you shouldn't. pays well anyways

It sounds like there's literally no downside except a bit of wasted time if this doesn't work out.

this except it's hardly wasted time if he's getting paid

this except it's hardly wasted time if he's getting paid
He offered to teach me, I don't know if I'm getting paid

Doesn't sound like a bad idea. You should take the chance while you have it and if things don't work out just see if you can politely back out. This includes if you just can't do it because you are not trying too hard because you don't really like working on vehicles.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:45:08 AM by Darth C3P0² »

He offered to teach me, I don't know if I'm getting paid

you're not working or going to school so why not take the free practical education. at the least you'll have the feeling of making progress in life, i'm sure. being proficient in vehicle repair/maintenance will never not be a valuable skill, and if you end up good at it you could easily earn certifications and use all this as a temporary fall-back in the event you stay unemployed and/or don't figure out what you really want to do

if i had this same opportunity at the age of 17 instead of becoming a software dev, knowing where i am now i probably would've taken it. but that's just me