Net neutrality shenanigins are happening.

Author Topic: Net neutrality shenanigins are happening.  (Read 37907 times)

100% a lie.

You are a stupid loving troll. I hate to regress to 2009 Dan, but just GTFO.

NN did not exist pre2015.

NN did not exist pre2015.
Source? People saying otherwise have sourced it so I’d be inclined to believe that over baseless claims
oh no here comes the butthurt brigade
id be pretty butthurt too if I had to take care of someone else’s kids

my automatic response to someone flipping the bird is to call them a pusillanimous individual

don't be a pusillanimous individual

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:47:51 PM by Corderlain »

First sentence.
The reason it says that is because of the 2014 ruling. Before then, despite the fact that Net Neutrality was being enforced, the FCC technically didn't have a legal basis to. But nobody actually knew that until the ruling in 2014.

Like I said, read the court ruling. It clearly says that NN was being actively enforced by the FCC, and that the FCC should stop.

corderlain which one are you

What too many people don't realize is we've only had Net Neutrality since 2015.
I'm going to be explaining this in detail for Aplem since there are people in this thread who are attempting to confuse people.

Here's a short timeline:
- In 2005, the FCC started attempting to enforce their rules on Net Neutrality. Yes, the rules existed, as is clearly stated in the court documents of Verizon V. FCC. At this point, Net Neutrality exists. To say it didn't is to add useless pedantry to the conversation. It contributes nothing, as Net Neutrality was being actively enforced.
- Throughout 2005-2013, the courts slowly reduced the amount of Net Neutrality-related violations that they were allowed to enforce. Net Neutrality still exists, the rules are in place clear as day, the FCC's ability to enforce it has been weakened but not stopped.
- In 2014, it was ruled that the FCC has zero ability to enforce net neutrality. At this point, Net Neutrality effectively does not exist as they're following court orders to no longer enforce it at all, but the courts fully agreed in writing that Net Neutrality existed before this. You can literally read it for yourself if you don't believe me.
- In 2015, the technicality that Verizon et al. used to get out of Net Neutrality regulations was fixed, and the FCC regained the ability to enforce Net Neutrality.
- In late 2017, the FCC under Ajit Pai announces their plan to repeal Net Neutrality, and votes 3-2 in favor of repealing.
- Immediately following, 18 states and counting have filed lawsuits against the FCC, claiming that they have no ability to repeal Net Neutrality. The rules are still in place pending these 18 lawsuits, and will only be fully revoked if they win every single one.
- There are also bills going through the political system in order to try to legislate Net Neutrality, but it's unclear whether they'll succeed.

First paragraph.
Have you tried reading more than the first paragraph? Or do you not have the time to actually educate yourself to provide to the discussion? Are you really just here to sit on the side and sling stuff?

Nurgle ruined the Death Guard so none. NN did not exist before 2015.

People who don't like NN are really, really, really dumb. It'll be a shame for all these people going "take that libtards" when their ISPs block info wars and breitbart.

willful ignorance is disgusting.

There is nothing that anyone will ever say or provide that will change your mind because you won't see it with you head so far up your loving ass.

doing me a big thonk here

People who don't like NN are really, really, really dumb.

kek