Net neutrality shenanigins are happening.

Author Topic: Net neutrality shenanigins are happening.  (Read 37414 times)

So did the repeal pass or what?

I think either two things are going to happen:

1. It doesn't get passed
2. It gets passed and nothing happens because internet providers don't want to lose their customers due to blocking websites/charging more.

internet providers don't want to lose their customers due to blocking websites/charging more.

ISPs literally can't lose customers because of their monopoly, and if one of the three major ISPs starts loving with customers, there's no precedent keeping the others from doing the same. A good example of this is when comcast introduced a data limit, and in just a few months AT&T followed.

Quit using internet there's literally nothing useful on the internet besides Wikipedia and a dictionary works ok

ISPs literally can't lose customers because of their monopoly, and if one of the three major ISPs starts loving with customers, there's no precedent keeping the others from doing the same. A good example of this is when comcast introduced a data limit, and in just a few months AT&T followed.

On top of this, most areas supply only Comcast, ATT, or Verizon internet. If there are other ISPs, it is likely a child of these big names. So there isn't really an escape from it. I'm in that forgeted category, woohoo..

On top of this, most areas supply only Comcast, ATT, or Verizon internet. If there are other ISPs, it is likely a child of these big names. So there isn't really an escape from it. I'm in that forgeted category, woohoo..

If it isn't already a child company, there's nothing stopping a smaller ISP from being bought out :^)

I can't believe the internet is cancelled
who wants to exchange beeper numbers

any news of what the forget is going on?

FCC meeting starts at 10:30AM EST

a friend showed this on discord

i guess the internet is saved?

FCC meeting starts at 10:30AM EST
TSFUDSGYUdif THATS WHEN I HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL

a friend showed this on discord

i guess the internet is saved?

Full pic of this for those interested in reading.

Edit:

This happened, apparently.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:35:53 AM by Frostwind »

why is non-neutrality so bad?
otherwise im crying for no reason