Blockland Doesn't Save my Preferences

Author Topic: Blockland Doesn't Save my Preferences  (Read 1850 times)

I've recently started up Blockland again and plan on playing it for a bit. No one remembers me.

Anyway I've started up Blockland for the first time in about 2 years. I start up blockland on Steam. Whenever I edit my avatar, or change anything, it doesn't save and resets back to the defaults.

http://prntscr.com/hn9agt

This happens every time I start up BL and saves nothing. Anyone know how to fix this? I have a Steam Blockland desktop shortcut in my applications folder but the same message keeps popping up.

how are you closing the game? through the escape menu? or through x’ing out the console box? try quitting using ingame menu and see if the problem persists.

also i may not remember you as a person but i def recognize that avatar and name lol. welcome back!

also i may not remember you as a person but i def recognize that avatar and name lol. welcome back!

Thanks!

I'm closing Blockland through the game. "Quit". I tried doing both ways and the message still pops up. Also, I forgot to add, before the error message comes up it tells me to select a connection type (dial-up or broadband) and asks me if I use a laptop or standard keyboard with numpad.

Well did you try to do what the error said and ensure your Blockland directory isn't read only?

The reason it keeps prompting you for your connection type/other settings is because it can't save prefs properly.
Assuming you're using Steam still, right click on Blockland in your Steam library and select properties then go to the local files tab and click "Browse Local Files".
It should open the Blockland folder, navigate one directory above that so you can right click on the Blockland folder and click "Get info" or "Properties" depending on your OS and make sure all users have read/write access.

windows or mac?
it sounds like you're on windows and it's read-only
or you're playing the steam version on mac, which tries to read/write from the root of mac instead of the root of BL (still I think)

windows or mac?
it sounds like you're on windows and it's read-only
or you're playing the steam version on mac, which tries to read/write from the root of mac instead of the root of BL (still I think)

I am using a Mac, lmao sorry for not mentioning that.

The reason it keeps prompting you for your connection type/other settings is because it can't save prefs properly.
Assuming you're using Steam still, right click on Blockland in your Steam library and select properties then go to the local files tab and click "Browse Local Files".
It should open the Blockland folder, navigate one directory above that so you can right click on the Blockland folder and click "Get info" or "Properties" depending on your OS and make sure all users have read/write access.

I have done what you said by going to the Blockland game on my steam, opened browse local files. I then right clicked on the "Blockland" icon and made all users have Read/Write access. I also did the same with the actual Blockland folder but the error keeps coming up when I start the game. Am I doing something wrong?

I am using a Mac, lmao sorry for not mentioning that.
I'm surprised nobody asked that upfront. The Mac version of the game can't save prefs, it's a longstanding bug that isn't going to get fixed as far as we know. Your best bet really is to just run the Windows version through Wine.

I'm surprised nobody asked that upfront. The Mac version of the game can't save prefs, it's a longstanding bug that isn't going to get fixed as far as we know. Your best bet really is to just run the Windows version through Wine.

Ah. Thanks for the help. Locking the thread now.