Left Control wont bind

Author Topic: Left Control wont bind  (Read 2888 times)

As said, now to be clear:

I've tried the normal way in the settings, it wont register my pressing lctrl on its own
I've tried using the config file, making Crouch be lcontrol, it shows it working on the main menu settings area but blanks out ingame

RIGHT control works fine, and I've found that left shift also wont bind alone. I know the solution is simple as stuff but I cant find it. Assistance would be grand. Thanks in advance.

GlobalActionMap.bind("keyboard","lcontrol","Function_Name");

not work?

Try this instead:

MoveMap.bind("keyboard", "lcontrol", Crouch);

noedit: put that in the console

I'll try those soon, thank you

ok it worked, thank you greatly!

stuff.. nevermind. it disappears if i reboot the game it seems. ill have to input that command every time i wanna play

go into "blockland/config/client/config.cs"
and add that command on a new line at the end of the file

moveMap.bind(keyboard, "lcontrol", Crouch); is already in the file

sounds like you have some crappy client addon messing it up then
does this happen on a clean install?

Tool_NewDuplicator does this.
If you bind "Multiselect (Ctrl, Hold to use)" to something else, restart, then you should be able to bind to something else.

Tool_NewDuplicator does this.
If you bind "Multiselect (Ctrl, Hold to use)" to something else, restart, then you should be able to bind to something else.
how does one do that? (i literally just work up for work, have pity on me here)

I’ve had this issue before, and I think I just reinstalled Blockland and moved my addons and configure back into place except for the client prefs and it worked. Or, it may have fixed when I restarted my computer. It was a while back, so I forget.

Sorry, not to steal the topic here, but I use L-CTRL for crouch, and that messes up many tool Addons such as NewDuplicator and, more importantly, the Too Many Bricks addon? Both of them use L-CTRL as a modifier to other keys, and as far as I can tell it’s unchangable by normal binding.

I’ve had this issue before, and I think I just reinstalled Blockland and moved my addons and configs back into place except for the client prefs and it worked. Or, it may have fixed when I restarted my computer. It was a while back, so I forget.

Sorry, not to steal the topic here, but I use L-CTRL for crouch, and that messes up many tool Addons such as NewDuplicator and, more importantly, the Too Many Bricks addon? Both of them use L-CTRL as a modifier to other keys, and as far as I can tell it’s unchangable by normal binding.

stuff I mistook “Quote” was Edit for a moment, and Edit appears to be off. My bad.