Fox News says killing N.N. will save the internet

Author Topic: Fox News says killing N.N. will save the internet  (Read 4829 times)

you're drawing a false equivalency in saying deregulation == allowing companies to forget people.

It's much more nuanced than you'd believe and in general the European model (which is what NN strives to emulate) isn't nearly as effective and has lead to the EU attempting to cut some of the legal red-tape to incentivize private investment into infrastructure and service to try to lower costs and provide better coverage for entry-level broadband service.

I like how every single time any issue comes up, people refer to these bills as Obama-era

as if that's a useful qualifier to get rid of it

wow im so glad media companies can censor people instead of internet providers

I like how every single time any issue comes up, people refer to these bills as Obama-era
It's a dog-whistle term that activates the microchip which enables neo-conservative circlejerking.

wow im so glad media companies can censor people instead of internet providers
Cite an example of companies barring access to legal material, please. I honestly have never heard of this happening, just people saying it "could happen"

It's a dog-whistle term that activates the microchip which enables neo-conservative circlejerking.
implying pro-NN isn't also a circlejerk

lol you think people have microchips in them? which subreddit did this come from?

Cite an example of companies barring access to legal material, please. I honestly have never heard of this happening, just people saying it "could happen"
Didn't you ask this question in the NN thread and got your examples??

lol you think people have microchips in them? which subreddit did this come from?
it's a joke, one you didn't understand either lmao

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/telus-cuts-subscriber-access-to-pro-union-website-1.531166
It's a Canadian example but still 100% valid. Not only were they blocking access to legal content, they were blocking it because it was a pro-union website.
A lack of Net Neutrality allows for complete and total censorship. And here's the thing, it won't always be as obvious as this. It could be as simple as throttling a particular website down to insanely low speeds, something that's very difficult to test for. They can do it without detection. Do you want that?

https://www.freepress.net/blog/2017/04/25/net-neutrality-violations-brief-history

it's a joke, one you didn't understand either lmao
i understand all jokes on this website kid, at a level you could only dream of. go back to reddit :cookie:

implying pro-NN isn't also a circlejerk
Yeah, but the difference here is that net neutrality serves an important purpose, and the only reason the neo-cons are opposing it at this point is to be contrarians and epicly own the libs.

Everyone in this thread benefits 1000x times more from a free and open internet than the telecom industry's profit margins. If you unironically oppose net neutrality, you're literally just playing yourself.

Yeah, but the difference here is that net neutrality serves an important purpose, and the only reason the neo-cons are opposing it at this point is to be contrarians and epicly own the libs.

Everyone in this thread benefits 1000x times more from a free and open internet than the telecom industry's profit margins. If you unironically oppose net neutrality, you're literally just playing yourself.
le epic win

you're drawing a false equivalency in saying deregulation == allowing companies to forget people.
que?