(locked because this probably wont be possible.)

Author Topic: (locked because this probably wont be possible.)  (Read 2088 times)

As title states. This would be good for driving servers, freebuilds, City RPs, ETC. I mean the maps are pretty low poly. The GTA San andreas map seperated into different static shapes/pieces can be loaded. What i mean about that is you can have one part of the map loaded on one day, and the other day you can have another part of the map. The GTA III and Vice City maps are pretty small and might work better. It would be a cool idea but im not sure if it would be possible.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 02:48:58 PM by SwiftHyena2593 »

oh god the lag it would cause

oh god the lag it would cause
thats why i said we seperate the map into different parts you could load up.
and also remove all the props like traffic lights and lamp posts.

thats why i said we seperate the map into different parts you could load up.
and also remove all the props like traffic lights and lamp posts.
it would still be wayyyy tooo laggy
also have fun going into the map with some sorta editor to remove every lamp post and traffic light

it would still be wayyyy tooo laggy
also have fun going into the map with some sorta editor to remove every lamp post and traffic light
What about porting the chinatown wars map?

way too big for bl's engine to handle

even if you did manage to get it to work it would be so incredibly laggy that not even those 10 million dollar ibm servers could run it

I propose we port gtaV that will be extremely successful

you're just gonna have to play gta

Yo can someone import the Just Cause 3 map into BL

one thing that affects performance of static shapes is how big it is. having many big pieces may actually be okay on the engine as long as no single piece is too big. this is worth looking into, since knowing the difference in performance of one big shape vs multiple small ones could mean porting maps like this could work.

porting small bits of the map could work

like a part of a city or somthing

dont do that. i can say that from experience!