resetting a projectile's velocity to something else in mid-air after a delay

Author Topic: resetting a projectile's velocity to something else in mid-air after a delay  (Read 998 times)

I would also like to know. As far as I can tell, the only way you can do this is deleting the old projectile and creating a new one at the same position with a new velocity. You can't do this too much too fast or you'll end up with ghost lag

You can’t change a projectile’s velocity or position after creation. Deleting and creating a new one is the only way.

You can’t change a projectile’s velocity or position after creation. Deleting and creating a new one is the only way.
thats DUMB
I BLAME TORQUE
TORQUE SUCKS

Could you get the old projectile's position, then make a new one on that spot (with different velocity) before deleting the old one?

EDIT: I didn't read the above posts. I'm an idiot. Ignore me.

thats DUMB
I BLAME TORQUE
TORQUE SUCKS
actually this is pretty viable especially when you take into account networking, instead of having to send over velocity, position for every tick a bullet travels you only need to tell the client where the bullet is created and its velocity, infact if you were writing a game in torque you could rewrite the engine to do this if you actually needed it for a game mechanic, unfortunately we are not on the engine level