Author Topic: Edit properties of the default tools  (Read 945 times)

Is there any tutorial or list of things to know regarding how to edit properties of all the default tools? Specifically the wrench, and it's menus/toggle boxes. I'm looking to set permissions for certain things regarding the tools (like disabling events and tool-spawning for some people or making the hammer unable to delete bricks unless given permission). I'd like to know how to do these more-so than just have someone else do it, so I could learn a little more.

I think there are some event addons that disable the player setting specific outputs
it packaged the send wrench events command

Specifically the wrench, and it's menus/toggle boxes. I'm looking to set permissions for certain things regarding the tools (like disabling events and tool-spawning
Theres the 'limited wrench' just take a look.
You could probably learn from the code in there or copy it and edit it.
Dont re-invent the wheel.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:31:58 PM by soldier101@ »

You could probably learn from the code in there or copy it and edit it.
Dont re-invent the wheel.
No let's avoid copying/pasting add-on code, in my opinion this is bad practice if you have no idea what it does in the first place.

No let's avoid copying/pasting add-on code, in my opinion this is bad practice if you have no idea what it does in the first place.
Agreed. Likewise, if you need to use code from another add-on, just use forceRequiredAddOn() to require it. I'll stop there, as I'm going a tad off-topic.