Author Topic: Retail Version!  (Read 4729 times)

If there is a retail version of blockland, will all of us that play if now get it for free since we all put ideas in it and stuff! If there is one!

I think Badspot said there would be a small demo of it, and then you could buy it later. It all depends on what Lego wants to do with their license I think. If lego says "no" for the license, then Badspot will either release Retail for free, or take lego content out when he sells it. I'm hoping for the former, if lego says "no".

He said that there will be 3 versions when the retail comes out.
1. The one were playing now (He will not support this version)
2. The official demo
3. The retail version

And no matter how much we advance with mods, it is likely that the retail will be better.(ie retail will/does have a better engine than the current public v0002)

no actually he wont change the game engine

Aye, BJway. He's just using TGE 1.3 with some enhancements to the way bricks are handled and a whole mess of upgrades/tweaks. Not "changing" the engine completely, but some things in 1.3 aren't compatible with 1.2.

Though I wonder if he's going to go ahead and build on 1.4...

yeah I hope so and I also hope that he includes the helicopter datablock pack that is going to be released soon on gg.com i can't remember of the dude that is making it do you luquado?

Personally, I PRAY he uses TGE 1.4. TGE 1.4 HAS BEEN UPDATED SO MUCH! WE (US MODDERS) CAN MAKE HELLA AWSOME KICK ASS MODS WITH IT! (caps for effect)

Hmm the Retail whould be kick ass the Demo Whould be good but I'm wondering can we mod the demo and the Retail version?