obscure music/genres you're pretty sure no one else listens to aside from you

Author Topic: obscure music/genres you're pretty sure no one else listens to aside from you  (Read 5218 times)

I love Brian Eno, he's probably my favorite artist of all time.
That Brendan Byrnes album is also awesome, I've been a fan of his for a few months now. I just love the way he translates such weird approaches to consonance into relatively accessible songs.

I just got the Ambient 1 record, sounds absolutely amazing and makes me appreciate the album so much more. And Brendan Byrnes is so rad, his latest album is just absolute fun.
And ween is loving awesome too

tally hall
what genre would u even call tally hall
they're great but i forgot they existed until now

i haven't seen anyone directly mention it but there definitely are some Animal Collective fans out there.

actually i'd like to know if anyone listens to Converge.

I haven't seen a single monstercat fan in this forum yet.
Prove me wrong otherwise that's my pick.
monstercat is probably the biggest nerDM label out there. i always kept away since a lot of the artists sounded extremely similar/relied on really gimmicky sounds rather than actual composition (which is why i pretty much stopped listening to EDM) and was disappointed whenever artists i liked landed on it. i do admit i have some irrational hate for mostercat, though.

prog rock
prog jazz
rock/jazz fusion

real brothers only listen to underground japanese experimental folk pop
I’m listening to this right now, it’s v sweet. I like how it bounces between comfy melodic stuff and dense, sort of atonal passages. Good nonnel

i haven't seen anyone directly mention it but there definitely are some Animal Collective fans out there.
They’re one of my favorite bands!

underground rap. alot of it.

look up pouya, ghostmane, $uicideboy$ (ANYONE FROM G59 IS AWESOME)

I highly doubt many people listen to noise rock lol

closest i've gotten is zach hill's Hella. i listen to some noise infused metal subgenres like powerviolence and grindcore though (nails, magrudergrind, trap them, etc.)

do you like dfa1979

do you like dfa1979

listened to a little bit of it

not a fan tbh

inme
new model army
the levellers
ayreon
beatallica
carter usm
the destroyers (birmingham uk)