Give me ideaas for my school's news program

Author Topic: Give me ideaas for my school's news program  (Read 1860 times)

My school's news is pretty forgetin horrible, but I'm going to be in charge of it this semster, and I need ideas on how to make it good.

Give me ideas on bits, skits, and ways of doing things. I'm tryina make this less trash

Edit:
the news program is a video from the Film Class. It is not a physical paper or newspaper

Also, more info:
The production value is so much lower than it should be considering the access of equipment we have.

Currently,  we have segments like:
Announcements: 2 anchors sit and read off teleprompter and it's really straightforward and boring
Weather: poorly done screenscreen work
Principals corner: principal updating the school of stuff from his office. This segment is pretty alright
60 seconds of events: a minute of news on a bad greens creek with reply cheesy graphics that pop up

I need ideas on how to make a school news program look legit and not be a joke / be known as 'bad' by everybody
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:43:34 AM by Dragonoid.Slayer »

explain why you think its horrible

See if you can find people who'd be willing to do a comic strip or something
edit because its not a newspaper
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:03:57 AM by Reinforcements »

do something really boring but subtly talk stuff about the administration

explain why you think its horrible
The production value is so much lower than it should be considering the access of equipment we have.

Currently,  we have segments like:
Announcements: 2 anchors sit and read off teleprompter and it's really straightforward and boring
Weather: poorly done screenscreen work
Principals corner: principal updating the school of stuff from his office. This segment is pretty alright
60 seconds of events: a minute of news on a bad greens creek with reply cheesy graphics that pop up

I need ideas on how to make a school news program look legit and not be a joke / be known as 'bad' by everybody

forget I don't know why there is a second reply here

Make a PSA about how sofas can prevent school shootings

idk stylize the stuffty screenshot work and it will be less stuffty

Make a segment about who's HOT STUFF and who's UGLY AS forget and convince everyone to harass everyone who's on the ugly-list. Like some hunger games battle royale stuff

Maybe give some current news and cite the source, and then provide an unrelated little factoid that a few people might not have known about.
Another idea is to maybe create a segment about good habits for educational success

Make a segment about who's HOT STUFF and who's UGLY AS forget and convince everyone to harass everyone who's on the ugly-list. Like some hunger games battle royale stuff
this
make a section where you test fire guns and determine which is the best for shooting the place up

this
make a section where you test fire guns and determine which is the best for shooting the place up
amazing

Maybe give some current news and cite the source, and then provide an unrelated little factoid that a few people might not have known about.
Another idea is to maybe create a segment about good habits for educational success

Also, I found it really easy to loose attention from the school news, so try and sit up right, speak loudly enough to be heard, and show enthusiasm towards what you're doing, and to grab their attention, start each subject off with a hook, for example; "In recent news, The police thwarted the efforts of the thieving Grinch who planned to ruin Christmas, by receiving donations from the police department and community to give to the affected family who's automobile was stolen which was full of presents."  "This was article was cited from the Associated Press, off of msn.com" Here's the link to the article btw; https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/police-replace-christmas-gifts-for-family-robbed-by-a-grinch/ar-BBHzONb

Also, I found it really easy to loose attention from the school news, so try and sit up right, speak loudly enough to be heard, and show enthusiasm towards what you're doing, and to grab their attention, start each subject off with a hook, for example; "In recent news, The police thwarted the efforts of the thieving Grinch who planned to ruin Christmas, by receiving donations from the police department and community to give to the affected family who's automobile was stolen which was full of presents."  "This was article was cited from the Associated Press, off of msn.com" Here's the link to the article btw; https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/police-replace-christmas-gifts-for-family-robbed-by-a-grinch/ar-BBHzONb
Also i would suggest revising the wording, grammar, and spelling; my wording isn't very good here.

talk about the legend of sephiroth