Music not working at all on Mac?

Author Topic: Music not working at all on Mac?  (Read 915 times)

My friend isn't hearing any music from his game at all, even the default songs don't work. He's checked his audio settings, all of that which are on to enable music, and download music is enabled. Still nothing's coming up. Even other servers present the same issue to him. I suspect a fix might be resetting the cache.db file, or a fresh 'base' folder, but does anybody have any clues? Its just so odd that nothing in music works.

(He had an issue before which involved Faces and Preferences not showing/saving. We used this video to fix the faces and prefs, however the music issue has stayed persistent. Just thought this would be worth noting.)

My friend who runs Macintosh isn't hearing any music from his game at all, even the default songs don't work. He's checked his audio settings, all of that which are on to enable music, and download music is enabled. Still nothing's coming up. Even other servers present the same issue to him. I suspect a fix might be resetting the cache.db file, or a fresh 'base' folder, but does anybody have any clues? Its just so odd that nothing in music works.

(He had an issue before which involved Faces and Preferences not showing/saving. We used this video to fix the faces and prefs, however the music issue has stayed persistent. Just thought this would be worth noting.)

stuff, sorry I did 'quote' instead of edit.

Why the hell isn't there an edit option for the help category ffs

It's known that people who find a solution try to edit the topic out

Pretty sure it has something to do with how the engine supports Macs, this version barely supports Macs, did you try using Wine yet?

Worst case scenario I could get him to use Wine, but it’s not my first option. Clearly people would have gotten the game to work fully on macs, or else it would have an even worse reputation than it already has.

An update though: apparently he could hear some music on a Murder Mystery server. This has me thinking, maybe it’s something to do with an overcapacity of datablocks?

Something crucial I just remembered: We made a server when he got the game and he could hear only about 1/5 of the music, which were older songs, such as Bill o’ Remix. (Size didn’t matter as he couldn’t hear even the smallest of songs.) He had downloaded music on a vanilla copy. However, yesterday on my server he couldn’t hear any of the songs, even the ones that worked before, still using the same cache.db.

Did you guys try with the new OpenAL dll yet?