Author Topic: external program for minimaps now with shadows you better believe it  (Read 8021 times)

https://puu.sh/z0uLF/39ac127b6f.png high resolution image produced using the new opengl version. these will be the crispest trees and ramped canopies you will ever see in your entire life. it takes a load of individual screenshots and staples them together to make high quality images of the build. for this high quality (10x10 pixels per stud) image it took 37 seconds. the old version would have taken longer, and it would have struggled for even more higher quality images while the new version is pretty quick for any quality setting. i'm probably going to work on textures for stuff like roads next then after that i'll take a stab at shadows
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:08:44 AM by Gytyyhgfffff »

textures are a bitch so it'll take some more time

why is it upside down
didn't notice that thanks for pointing it out

This is why I need this.

This is why I need this.

could you PM me the save of this? it would make for a good test subject for the program

could you PM me the save of this? it would make for a good test subject for the program
Sent it. If it turns out alright then feel free to post it in here.

Make it show interiors of builds too. xdddddd

Make it show interiors of builds too. xdddddd
I don't think that would be an easy feature to develop.
It would be better for you to instead make a separate build that you want to make a map of and go around removing all the roofs.

I don't think that would be an easy feature to develop.
It would be better for you to instead make a separate build that you want to make a map of and go around removing all the roofs.
That sounds better

got brick textures working and by brick textures i mean colored bricks like roads. i'm not sure if i'll get stuff like prints working nor am i convinced its a necessary feature. the current plan is to optimize everything then try working on shadows

also someone asked (i forget who) a while ago about the red dots at the upper left and bottom right of the screen. those are bricks i placed down to calculate the bounds for the minimap image. one of my plans is to make it so the image is automatically cropped to those bounds, but that involves doing some math that i haven't gotten around to doing yet.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:38:37 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

optimization update: the minimap can generate the acm minimap at 25x25 pixels per stud in 36 seconds and generate the acm minimap at 4x4 pixels per stud (more reasonable resolution) in 8 seconds which is a considerable improvement from the version i had yesterday

where did the shaders go