Author Topic: Game shuts down in the middle of loading Add-ons when starting a server?  (Read 798 times)

I try to host a singleplayer server with all addons enabled, and it'll stop starting the server apx. half way through loading add-ons and gives the "this application is not responding" (or something like that).

Here's a list of all of my add-ons, are there any known conflicts? Logs didnt give any clues.
https://blocklendhecc.bitballoon.com/ <<< the list, didn't want to dump all 1932042329840 filenames here.

server with all addons enabled
Never do this. Go through the list carefully and only enable what you know you'll need, or anything you're testing.
Especially since you're enabling all the gamemode scripts too, which are only intended to run on their own.

Also, if it's ever just 'not responding', that doesn't mean it crashed. That means you're trying to send inputs to the window while it's busy and can't respond to the input. Doesn't mean it's going to do it forever. Usually you just have to wait.

Alright, I narrowed it down to the items i need and it still froze up. I've been playing BL for like 6 years now, and hosted many-a times. The console completely stops posting when I host in the non-steam version with the same add-ons. I'd rather not one-by-one test the whole thing, but I'm considering grouping the addons and then testing each group to eliminate masses of add-ons quickly.

noticed that other users are having a similar issue on another thread, locking