post good music here

Author Topic: post good music here  (Read 32210 times)

T-Square - Circuit Wanderer

would post Truth instead but there's only live versions of it and none of them sound like the album edition (Sony took it down everywhere except Japan for some reason)

oh yeah and Casiopea 1979

Godspeed You! Black Emperor-  F#A#∞- Apocalyptic post-rock that makes you feel dead inside.
I scored GY!BE tickets today... I don't know how, but I did for 70 bucks, and I'll be seeing them in May
I'm so loving hyped I can't put it into words

posting some good stuff to come out of 2018 so far

Robert Rich - The Biode -- very organic electronic music, the folk instruments give it a fourth world feel but it also reminds me of music from a couple video games. free to stream on bandcamp.
Tune-Yards - Heart Attack -- the album this belongs to has some pop songs which are instant classics in my head. sounds kind of like Ibibio Sound Machine.
Steve Reich - Pulse -- a little morsel of genius, Reich only gets ripe with age
Ty Segall - My Lady's on Fire -- glam rock, whole album is pretty great and can be found in full on Youtube.
MGMT - She Works Out Too Much -- wo MGMT finally recorded a great album, they always had good singles in them but finally they put out an album consistent all the way through
Anenon - Tongue -- cool minimalist and jazzy album, improvement over Anenon's previous release I think. looking forward to where he goes in the future for sure.

new Panda Bear EP is also great, kind of funny he put out the song "Shepard Tone" 1 day before the Hawaii missile scare. feel like Panda Bear probably set that up, knowing the shady stuff he's done before. forget the vinyl-only release though.

really looking forward to new solo album from David Byrne in March, which has him collaborating with old pal Brian Eno and progressive electronic artist Oneohtrix Point Never. I'm a big fan of OPN's stuff, he's one of the most forward thinking artists today imo. also there's a collaborative album from Laurie Anderson and Kronos Quartet on the way this month. high masterpiece potential there. new material from Ryuichi Sakamoto this month too. 2018 is shaping up to be a spectacular year.

MGMT - She Works Out Too Much -- wo MGMT finally recorded a great album, they always had good singles in them but finally
mgmt is loving good
i have memories of playing midnight club la while that justice electric feel remix was playing

also ive been listening to sonic youth - daydream nation recently
this stuff is one of my favorite albums now

also ive been listening to sonic youth - daydream nation recently
this stuff is one of my favorite albums now
Daydream Nation is awesome... Thurston Moore always leaves me thirsting for more. I'm a big fan of Goo, so try that one on too.

im gonna tie a noose out of telephone wire and throw myself off a bridge with it wrapped around my neck Call it electro swing

im gonna tie a noose out of telephone wire and throw myself off a bridge with it wrapped around my neck Call it electro swing
lmao