nu metal: stuck in 1998
4 (9.5%)
DJENT MOTHERforgetER: BADASS
2 (4.8%)
progressive metal: jill steins fav genre
1 (2.4%)
alternative metal: alice in chains is best
4 (9.5%)
HYPER PROGRESSIVE SUPER DJENT PROG NU HEAVY AMISH FREINDLY ISLAMIC AVANT GARDE METALCORE GRINDCORE DEATHCORE METAL
10 (23.8%)
doom metal: 5 bmp is best
13 (31%)
classic heavy metal: stuck in 1975
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: im making a stuffty band with my brother: PICK A GENRE  (Read 7114 times)

my brother says im not allowed to use reaper because my amp is coming

o well

What the hell, those are two completely separate things. If anything, it doesn't benefit you to not use Reaper, because its what you'd use to record properly. Audacity is stuff for recording anything other than a mic in front of your face on a single take.

im gonna design the bands logo now

wish me good luck

Gastrointestinal Gorge

Oh you already have a name. Dangit

its still very wip but its gonna look somthing like this

kinda inspired after the korn logo

GOOD NEWS: my new amp arrived, im almost done song writing, and im getting a 7 string guitar soon

bad news guys

the tone pots on my current guitar are broken so the tone is perminetly at 0

so distortion sounds muddy af

im gonna have to get a new guitar sooner than i thought

lol rip

Or just replace the tone pot. Seems like an absolute waste just to get a new guitar because of an incredibly simple electronics issue.

Or just replace the tone pot. Seems like an absolute waste just to get a new guitar because of an incredibly simple electronics issue.

1: i cand solder

2: it could also be the crappy pickups in the guitar

3: its some weird offbrand strat i bought at a fair a while ago, so even if i could fix it its best to just buy another guitar anyway

I wouldn’t stop at new pots tbh. Pots just breaking screams “cheap guitar”

3: its some weird offbrand strat i bought at a fair a while ago, so even if i could fix it its best to just buy another guitar anyway
Lots of really great music has been recorded with stuffty instruments and equipment. repair it and play those stuffty tones as loud as possible for DIY cred

Lots of really great music has been recorded with stuffty instruments and equipment. repair it and play those stuffty tones as loud as possible for DIY cred

its not just "bad", its loving atrocious

it genuninly sounds like its being played through original ipad mini speakers, its horrid

i still dont know if its the pots or the pickups, i would assume both because the guitar was 75 loving dollars, used ofcourse

the guitar im thinking of getting is a ibanez gio 7 string for 200$ new, yes it is only 200 but its getting pretty good reviews
i was also looking at a jackson 7 string for the same price, apperently they have higher build quality than the ibanez but come with stuffty pickups

I’d recommend saving up for a Jackson Dinky JS32-7. Phenomenal guitar + it’s a 7 string. Also the pickups are definitely not stuffty.

$400
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:11:48 PM by hillkill »

I’d recommend saving up for a Jackson Dinky JS32-7. Phenomenal guitar + it’s a 7 string. Also the pickups are definitely not stuffty.

$400

im only allowed to get somthing for 200$ or less, MAYBE i could get somthing for a tad bit more, but 200$ is basicly the limit

Buy used/b-stock on Reverb. You’ll save cash in any respect. You can often find good stuff that’s been marked down for much cheaper