Author Topic: Swords Of The North - The Return [LIVE OPEN BETA]  (Read 3138 times)

SWORDS OF THE NORTH
THE RETURN

It's Back

Open Beta running now! Thanks to LegoPepper for hosting!

About

Swords of The North is a game of thrones inspired RPG focused on exploration, PvP, PvE, and loot. You have been shipped off to a unforgiving island in the far north as punishment for your crimes. The island is massive, and the further you venture into it the tougher the enemies will get. World PvP is enabled outside friendly towns, so in order to progress through you'll need to make alliances with other players. (Be careful who you trust). Find better armor and weapons deeper into the island. Collect gems found on monsters and in chests to upgrade your weapons. Take over a castle and spray anyone who comes near with arrows. Form a ruthless gang of bandits set to kill anyone in their way.

Names are hidden to allow players to blend into the environment, giving a big advantage to players who have camouflaged armor.
Take into consideration that the island is gigantic and it's easy to lose your way. If you're not paying attention to where you're going, you're probably not coming back.

Runes
Finding runes will allow you to unlock new classes. These runes are hidden across the island, but are very difficult to reach and usually guarded. You will keep these runes on death.

Classes

Starter
Hunter - Starts with light, camouflaged armor and a decent sword.
Archer - Starts with light armor, a bow, and 50 arrows.
Warrior - Starts with a sword and shield, and medium armor.

Tier I - Unlock with 6 runes
Heavy - Larger, slower character, starts with Battle Hammer. Able to crush enemies easily. Medium armor.
Knight - Great all around. Starts with Zweihander and medium armor.
Assassin - Starts completely camouflaged with dual swords. Light armor.

Tier II - Coming Soon

STATUS AND CREDITS
Swords of The North is finished, but is still being fine tuned and could always use more content.
Message Bravo if you want to help.

Credits -
Bravo
LegoPepper
Poo
The Brighter Dark
Tokerovin

Gallery

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:49:13 PM by Bravo »

looks like fun, always good to see more RPG like game modes in blockland.

is anyone aware what breaks displaying variables with VCE?
I'm trying to use <var:pl:health> but it shows up with exactly that, not my health. Tried it using default addons only and it still won't work.
edit: fixed found a newer version of VCE
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:29:21 AM by Bravo »

what kinda features can we expect beyond basic pvp/pve

is anyone aware what breaks displaying variables with VCE?
I'm trying to use <var:pl:health> but it shows up with exactly that, not my health. Tried it using default addons only and it still won't work.
edit: fixed found a newer version of VCE
I also found that sometimes VCE glitches can be fixed by reloading the build, probably inconvenient for something this size though.

very nice, i anticipate greatness

what kinda features can we expect beyond basic pvp/pve
so the main goal is finding these runes allowing you to unlock better classes / new areas. these classes will be a lot stronger than the starting ones, and will be able to start at different points on the island.  what balances this out is how massive the island is and how low the visible distance is. it's going to be rare to come across another player deep in the wilderness. I'm working on a dungeon/raid mode right now for endgame players that will allow them to group up and take on brick/event/bot bosses (sort of like Glados in the old portal build) and completing these dungeons will reward them with - well i haven't decided that yet

If you have anything you'd like to see in this RPG let me know

Sword Of The North Star

This looks extremely promising. It's always fun to play on an RPG-like gamemode in Blockland.

Can't join. Are your ports forwarded correctly?

Can't join. Are your ports forwarded correctly?
stuff lemme redo that

edit shows up on the blockland server list
it dont work ill try tommorow
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:08:05 PM by Bravo »