Good games for a stuffty PC?

Author Topic: Good games for a stuffty PC?  (Read 4825 times)

everyone says simcity4 but why not cities skylines? its more cpu heavy than gpu. even a mediocre comp should be able to run it at med settings.
sim city 4 plays on 1 core/thread and might even be TOO stuffty.

FTL: Faster Than Light is a fantastic game and I highly recommend it. Great premise, gameplay, soundtrack, and a selection of modding options too.

everyone says simcity4 but why not cities skylines? its more cpu heavy than gpu. even a mediocre comp should be able to run it at med settings.
i dunno my laptop was pretty moderately stuffty and mid game cities skylines got pretty bogged down

I've heard it gets really RAM intensive when you start to get a decent sized city

Ive played simcity 4 personally and its actually a good game. Mine is modded tho, so i have things like real store mods, a mcdonalds, and money tree. Id say the game is good, but once you add mods n stuff its more fun.

if you're looking for shooters, here's a few old ones that should work well on pretty much any modern machine:
doom 1/2
quake 1/2/3 arena
unreal tournament 1999 / 2004

the half life games can probably run on a atm  machine
do your taxes by shooting the combine and zombies that drop headcrabs in the new western union half-life 2
minigame

kingdoms and castles
i play it on max settings and get 30 frames on my garbage computer. very minimalistic art style

street legal racing redline
mount and blade warband
oblivion
morrowind
fallout new vegas with performance mods
fallout 3 with performance mods

how about some stuffty games for a good pc?

how about some stuffty games for a good pc?
Star Wars Battlefront 2

need for speed carbon and before are great

need for speed carbon and before are great
Please tell me where I can get it, I really want to mod it

half life games are good , though episode 2 is a little heavier on visuals