[MODELLERS] What to do with our models after the end?

Author Topic: [MODELLERS] What to do with our models after the end?  (Read 2830 times)

I feel like part of making content for blockland is an acceptance of the fact that you're making things exclusively for an unpopular lego simulator. we're still getting stuff tons of modelling practice that can be applied to other projects going forward, but it's never really crossed my mind with what I've made for BL that i'll ever really be able to use any of it in the future.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:34:58 PM by Aisling »

you modellers have it easy—at least models can be transferred to other projects

:(
what about equations and stuff you make that can be transferred to other games like the one i just spent 3 hours making and if i can't use this equation in another game i'm going to kill myself in blockland and in real life

I would probably revamp them and port them to another game

BLOCKLAND WILL NEVER DIE!!

subdivision modifier x4, export

Try to recycle it for Brickadia.

As vehicles go, if I was going to go for a new project, I might want to start from the ground up anyway. With my current models, the farther back I look, the more I'm inclined to redo, rather than reuse them. The biggest takeaway is the experience.

i like to think of it like this: whatever experience i get from modeling add-ons here could make a good carrier for me in the future if i focus on it and decide to get a degree for it. thats only if that kind of senario specified in op happens though (which it probably wont for a really long time)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:21:23 AM by Blockz »

ill probably just scrap my models. because all i did was just download them and import them to blockland (as seen in my bus gallery topic)

itll be pretty hard for blockland to die for me since everytime i play blockland I just invite a bunch of people onto my server and we play something random i make

nothing lol
untapped potential, honestly. at the level u, pwnfulz, and redd are you could actually get legit jobs doing legit models. there's a lot of demand for people who can do low poly models that look good in the games industry, with and without texturing.

what about equations and stuff you make that can be transferred to other games like the one i just spent 3 hours making and if i can't use this equation in another game i'm going to kill myself in blockland and in real life
algorithims and approaches aren't platform specific, yeah. but you probably had to work around a lot of limitations given TS (no proper lists, no good sorting systems built in, slow) so you'll likely have to modify the algorithims if you ever move to a real scripting/programming language

i do this

i use them for unity
because i like low poly models
and i want to make games
:)))))))))))))))

offtopic stuff:
in that project(in the image above), i made a weapon system with weapon switching n stuff xd

it's a good idea to think about this, but it's much easier to think about models comparing to code

since models are just models, you simply could do so much more to them, higher poly, change it up, and simply import it into another game if you have the blend, code isn't easy to port..

all of my years for coding in this game the only thing that'll get me farther is my knowledge of basic syntax, understanding how each language is the way it is, critical thinking, and how to make things efficiently

i do know some other languages already for the past year or so but i haven't gotten far into them yet