Author Topic: [Server] Toggle trust  (Read 1933 times)

Note: This is a dangerous add-on, trust your admins unless you want your server to be trampled.

A simple toggle trust add-on, the brickgroup must exist in the server via clear bricks menu, otherwise this will not work. Admins and higher can use this, just make sure you don't admin people that could mess with your server. This is not a hack, this is only a temporary thing on that server only.

/ToggleTrust (or /TogTrust)
/TogTrust ID level - You may leave level blank to toggle trust between full and none, if you use level you can leave it blank when you want to remove the trust in the future.
Example: /TogTrust 888888 1, then do /TogTrust 888888 to remove any trust.

Options for level field:
none, build, full, 0, 1, 2

Credits:
Me

Download

is there a version that is host only

Literally all you have to do is change every %client.isAdmin part of the script and replace it with %client.getBLID() == getNumKeyID() Be wary though, this doesn't work for single player or LAN servers.

Literally all you have to do is change every %client.isAdmin part of the script and replace it with %client.getBLID() == getNumKeyID() Be wary though, this doesn't work for single player or LAN servers.
idk how to do that
i think it'd be easier to just make a toggle in prefs for Host only or not

idk how to do that
i think it'd be easier to just make a toggle in prefs for Host only or not
You extract the files, edit server.cs, and do what I said in the previous post. It isn't really that hard but okay, I understand.

I really don't see a problem with it being admin only unless the admins decide to mess with your build, but simple as that don't trust your admins. What if something NEEDS to be fixed but you aren't there (don't say you'll always be there, because this is for other people too to think about)?

I dislike making more than 1 version of a mod, while it may be a simple fix I really don't see a reason for this to be host only, seems outrageous to keep a nice tool out of admin hands. I don't feel like making a preference to host only, seems pretty selfish for a host to keep something like this.

Also to note that the toggles are logged into the console.