[NEWS] man has seizure in vr chat

Poll

should rainbow avatars be banned

yes
35 (83.3%)
yes
7 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: [NEWS] man has seizure in vr chat  (Read 3467 times)

so what can you do about this? can you even trace the guy's IP to get a general idea of where he's at?

That was loving wild

Specifically it’s not clear whether he had photo-sensitive-epilepsy; if he did he probably wouldn’t be playing vr anyway, just simple head movements could trigger an episode.
regardless he was a friend for being in the dudes face while he was seizing

the people who cut their bullstuff to actually respect boundaries and support him through this restored my faith in humanity

so what can you do about this? can you even trace the guy's IP to get a general idea of where he's at?
It's like someone in the game said. The only thing you can really do is wait it out. If you were there in person, I think it's if it persists for 5 (?) minutes, then call 911. There isn't really much you could do if you're just there in-game.

should rainbow/flashing avatars be banned?
Yes, and not even specifically because of this. But because they're loving stupid looking.

uh no. why tf would you do that anyway lol. like say you get their IP address, then what

uh no. why tf would you do that anyway lol. like say you get their IP address, then what
Track the IP (somehow)... Get their local city... Report it to their local emergency services... They track the person... Rush over there...

You know, just stuff that would probably all take so long that if it were a severe seizure he'd already be dead or fine.

yeah in real life there still isnt much to do. just make sure their head is resting on a soft surface, make sure nothings blocking the throat and wait it out. if it wont stop after 5 minutes then yeah call 911
tbh people in-game mostly did the right thing - they should've backed away a bit and forget off with the flashing avatars and perhaps quieten down to calm him further but otherwise there's not much they can do
if the person's prone to seizures i'd say being on vr is really dumb. its bad enough with games on a screen but this is a step even further

imagine dying in vr while surrounded by sonic gremlins and anime girls
loving heaven

has someone already tried love with vrchat

the new black mirror season looks great

I think he was able to get the headset off while seizing

somebody is having a seizure and some obnoxious autist decides it would be a good idea to do this

somebody is having a seizure and some obnoxious autist decides it would be a good idea to do this

And some friend dresses as a rainbow anime girl while dancing around. As if that's going to loving help.