Author Topic: psa if you code with the dark theme on your editor then you dont deserve food  (Read 6740 times)

op i've transferred my sublime text 3 configuration between computers for this sole color theme
if you don't use a dark theme then you don't have a soul

op i've transferred my sublime text 3 configuration between computers for this sole color theme
if you don't use a dark theme then you don't have a soul

text too small like ur pee pee

you aren't a true computing major until you use dark themes. be the top dog in the programming lab.

I mainly use vim so yeah

dark color schemes only

dark theme allows more flexibility for colorcoded code

I'm too lazy to change my editors' themes so I just do whatever
dark themes are nice and better for you but it really doesn't make much of a difference for me 90% of time

you aren't a true computing major until you use dark themes. be the top dog in the programming lab.
eyebleed........................... try some base16. a different font too pls, serif sucks

(base16-default-dark and consolas in sublime)

also, fyi
first defining a variable in a block and then accessing it outside of that block is a strange, often error-prone move. wouldn't suggest it
and you don't really need to comment explain things that are obvious, like that first comment. the variable name and prompt string are more than enough to understand its purpose

also python 3 string formatting is good
you could actually make it even nicer as of 3.6......
print(f"ERROR: {file_name} not found.")
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 11:16:13 PM by Foxscotch »

I don't even use a monitor while coding i just remember everything i wrote in my head

forget i just use the notepad++ default theme

forget i just use the notepad++ default theme
ewwww

Dark theme is good, I can see stuff better when looking away from it, ease on my eyes too

i use chalkboard when it comes to notepad++, and fixedsys as my font
i would use fixedsys excelsior but it looks small for whatever reason

i also have a dark theme, or rather alt version of audacity called darkaudacity
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:54:51 AM by The Murderous Cop »

also, fyi
first defining a variable in a block and then accessing it outside of that block is a strange, often error-prone move. wouldn't suggest it
and you don't really need to comment explain things that are obvious, like that first comment. the variable name and prompt string are more than enough to understand its purpose
it's required for my grade to comment what every part of my code does. i'm not writing it for fun, i'm doing it for a lab assignment, so it has to fit whatever the TA wants

with my own code i only do comments for personal notes, but with assignments we gotta show that we know exactly what every code block does

also that's what that top thing of code was, just the file header we have to put in our source code
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 10:08:30 AM by carolcat »

i dont even code but anyone who uses white theme is gay