Windows XP
Windows 7
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
Mac
Linux
OS
Other (post below)

Author Topic: Blockland users operating systems  (Read 2661 times)

I use dos with the dos web browser

When I'm messing around with stuff like games and other developer related things, I do it on my Mac since that's where I have most of my resources and it's lightweight. If I need to run some Windows stuff on there and I don't have access to a Windows PC or for whatever reason, I just use Wine. (I really can't dual boot Windows with a loving 120GB drive)

When I just want to play my games or need a little more horsepower for development, I do it on my PC (running both Windows 7 & 10, but I use 7 more) since it's more powerful.

I use Mac more than Windows however, so that's basically my main operating system.

I dual boot Antergos and Windows 10.

Antergos is my go-to choice by default but I use Windows 10 whenever I want to play games that didn't get ported to Linux (or were ported with terrible quality/performance overall).

what is OS in the poll

... Windows 10 was forced way more than I thought. I had to backport to windows 8.1 because my computer hardware was for win 8.1 and blockland was not compatible for win 10. It had a very unique condition. But i didn't realize there was so much win 10 users.

... Windows 10 was forced way more than I thought. I had to backport to windows 8.1 because my computer hardware was for win 8.1 and blockland was not compatible for win 10. It had a very unique condition. But i didn't realize there was so much win 10 users.
us liking and preferring win10 does not mean it's forced

BL didn't work for you due to a driver issue, just like my laptop where it's GPU drivers only work on Win7 instead of 10

i have 8.1 cus i'm afraid of things breaking when i upgrade
but also i like 8.1 so i don't rly care :p

XP Prediction: 45%
Actual percentage: 2%

what on earth actually went through your head whilst you made these predictions, OP?

us liking and preferring win10 does not mean it's forced

BL didn't work for you due to a driver issue, just like my laptop where it's GPU drivers only work on Win7 instead of 10

Win8 was forced on me (win7) so i updated to win10 because it was slighlty better

Win8 was forced on me (win7) so i updated to win10 because it was slighlty better
rip

brothers who use OS X
laugh

brothers who use OS X
laugh

my stepdad SWEARS by it. i've replaced his macbook pro's HD at least 3-4 times due to failure. great hardware apple, let the HDD overheat. i convinced him to go SSHD or SSD and he did SSHD and hasn't had any problems at all.

I use Windows 10 on everything except my Thinkpad, which I use Windows 7 only for the driver support

i used to run win10 on my thinkpad x140e with full driver support but it would get sluggish like 2 weeks in. ever since AMD support got really good on linux (that being AMDGPU kernel module works with my laptop's GPU) that i fully switched over.