Author Topic: best outros/final tracks on albums  (Read 1320 times)

came up with the idea because of The Space Between

the outro track is probably one of the best i've listened to, given i also really enjoyed Gave Your Love Away and OG Heartthrob

my second has to be Last Call on The College Dropout

this almost 13 minute track is super upbeat and has a few great lines like "killin yall brothers on that lyrical stuff, mayonnaise colored benz i push miracle whips" and the unreleased
"i go to jacob with 25 thou, you go with 25 hundred, wow
i got eleven plaques on my walls right now
you got your first gold single, damn, brother, wow."

honestly the constant flow of kanye into my eardrums for 13 minutes long was good enough to do it

next up is Futura Free because im still a frank fanboy
to listen to blonde i need to be a specific mood, maybe because i but when i am in the mood and Futura Free plays, you can bet im looping the entire second half of the album all night.
and of course the outro of the outro, which also makes an appearance on BE YOURSELF Running Around by Buddy Ross. i didnt find this track until this year and made frank's album (outros) even better

i also have some EDM in this list, the song is Goodbye To A World, by Porter
less of an outro, more of a final song, and a final loving track it is, holy stuff i cant get enough of it, ive been listening to this album since release despite not being an EDM fan at all. the entire album has a specific sound thats incredibly unforgettable

king krule's the ooz, my favorite album of 2017
im going to cheat a little bit and include both Midnight 01 and La Lune as final, together they make an incredible atmosphere, ive never heard a more immersive album than the ooz i honestly cant write anything about the last few tracks without accidentally praising the entire album

i have a little playlist of his most relaxed tracks here https://open.spotify.com/user/donniescatch/playlist/72M6MXC8nHQzAjsmvesjBn including the interludes

awaken - yes, going for the one
it - genesis, the lamb lies down on broadway
the brazilian - genesis, invisible touch

I'll think of more but generally the ending songs to concept albums are the best

lone - tyler the creator
mortal man - kendrick lamar

eclipse - pink floyd no doubt

top 3 favourite Radiohead closers below in no particular order

The Tourist - OK Computer
A Wolf At The Door - Hail To The Thief
True Love Waits - A Moon Shaped Pool

first comes to mind is Rhinestone Cowboy from Madvillain

just so heroic and epic, having a track full of applause is pretty roostery but Madvillain by all means is worthy of a standing ovation

Pendulum had some sick ass intros to two of their albums that lead into the first song.

Eyes of A Stranger - Operation Mindcrime.

A great way to end a fantastic concept album with fierce melodies and great musicianship.

We can make it better and Late - Kanye West Late registration
Mortal man - Kendrick Lamar To entrepreneur  a butterfly
Marcy me and Legacy - Jay-z 4:44
Big brother - Kanye west Graduation
B.I.B.L.E - GZA Liquid swords
DUCKWORTH. - Kendrick Lamar DAMN. (Even though this would be the intro if DAMN. is played backwards or the DAMN. collectors edition is played)
Save me - Meek Mill wins and losses
4 Your Eyez Only - J cole 4 Your Eyez Only

Out of all of them I think Mortal man and 4 your eyez only are the most powerful outros and songs ever made in my opinion. For example in J cole's outro he's talking to his daughter and how he doesn't want her to grow up badly for almost 9 minutes, if you listen to this song and think about your past it will just make you cry. Mortal Man is also a very sad song too, I've cried while listening to that