Poll

What character would you like to see as a Boss?

Donald Annoying Orange
6 (15.8%)
Bowser
6 (15.8%)
Sans
12 (31.6%)
Uganda Knuckles (iunno why)
5 (13.2%)
Senator Armstrong
9 (23.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Gautier's - Boss Fights  (Read 3692 times)

Screenshots

How the Game works

There are two teams, Players, Boss, simple enough.
However the person that's selected to be the so called "Boss", isn't exactly THE Boss.
Instead that Player is selecting one of the current 9 Bosses that are currently completed. Each boss has their own gimmick, arsenal of abilities, map, and little intro cutscene.

A BOT is basically the Boss that the Players have to fight, what the Player who is on the Boss team has to do is try to make the Players have a harder time completing their goal by assisting the Bot that the Players are fighting by using the list of Abilities that comes with that Boss!

Now the way the Players work is, there isn't classes. They appeal to others as classes but they're mostly LOADOUTS they don't have abilities just weapons.

ALL BOSSES SO FAR
  • Wario
  • Kermit The Frog
  • Chad Warden
  • Semi-Mech Riddler
  • Majora's Mask
  • Demoman
  • Badspot
  • Stomedy
  • Bowser
ALL WITH THEIR OWN MAP!

Video

NOTE: I most likely will be releasing this as a packaged Gamemode in the future once we've refurbished the game and added a bit more to the bosses themselves as well as include more bosses with the game, I'll also be releasing some sounds/music and what not here so that if you'd like to make your download a bit lighter on you when you do join when we host I definitely will. When we Host its usually on a day where not much is happening. There is no regular schedule and this CANNOT be hosted Dedicated on a daily basis, this isn't a game designed to replace the iconic original Boss Battles that has recently closed, this was just made for the purpose of entertainment whenever we have the time to host..

We do have a Discord where we will announce when the Server is online if you'd like to join.
Click here  
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:48:31 PM by Gautier00 »

Also thank you mctwist for taking your time to help out with the FireRelayNum event to work on Bots, due to that I'm now able to add even more abilities for the bosses.
Code: (Changelog v8) [Select]
Added support for Event_onRelay
Minor modifications

arent those the bosses from dix miggie

arent those the bosses from dix miggie
Not all of them, Chad Warden clearly was a reference to Dungeon Raiders yet Demoman was used previously in a Boss Fight in a previous gamemode before Dixmiggie's release. There was also a few bosses that didn't get revealed in either the video or the screenshots.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 02:28:14 PM by Gautier00 »

How has the fov of the video not collapsed into a black hole yet?

How has the fov of the video not collapsed into a black hole yet?
lol I zoomed it in mostly to cover up the hud

cant wait for sans undertale fight

looks neat

probs wont be as good as pecons but i dont thin anyone can beat that lol

looks neat

probs wont be as good as pecons but i dont thin anyone can beat that lol
Nothing will ever beat pecons, this was just something fun to work on cause its such a simple gamemode. Plus it removes the competitiveness of Boss Battles cause you fight a bot and not a player. So if you ever do get placed on the boss team you can just watch the fun happen if you prefer spectating. Adding a boss to this game should only take 15 minutes depending on how it plays out, if I add Sans then it'll take a bit cause it wont be a bot it'll play out like Undertale does (dodging projectiles and attacking when he's open). If I add Uganda knuckles that's simple, a bot will just chase you. So yeah its not complicated yet it can still be fun.

Looks fun can't wait to play. Also, can I suggest a creep bear boss with slightly faster walk speed than the other bosses.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:48:07 PM by Kevso »

Looks fun can't wait to play. Also, can I suggest a creep bear boss with slightly faster walk speed than the other bosses.
What should his abilities be however? Every boss should at least have 4 or more unique skills that the player can use.

Code: [Select]
Changelog:
+Now able to view the Boss's health when the BOT is damaged.

Feel free to suggest new bosses that I can add for anymore upcoming updates.

Code: [Select]
Changelog:
+Two new Bosses were Added.
*Bowser* *Stomedy*.

Server is online as of now.