Need some new hip hop tunes to listen to

Author Topic: Need some new hip hop tunes to listen to  (Read 309 times)

I'm a bit of a hip hop rap fanatic and I've listened to all the best there is, Illmatic, The chronic, 36s chambers, ready to die, liquid swords, all of Kendrick's music, all of Tupac's music (including thug life vol 1), most of mobb deep, Pete rock and CL, all of J cole, all of Kanye, the list goes on. I'm looking for some new meaningful tunes that I can listen to. Also just in case if anyone is wondering what kind of style I'm looking for I'm looking for meaningful, lyrical rap that just sounds brilliant like these tunes here:

Curren$y - Pot Jar
MF Doom - Rhymes like dimes
J Cole - Sideline story
Joyner Lucas - Keep it a hundred
2pac and thug life - Pour out a little liquor
Jay-z - Dead presidents 2

Basically this type of rap style where it just reflects everything in your life. Please give me some suggestions :D

Open Mike Eagle - Brick Body Kids Still Daydream: Mike's most recent album, and i think he's at his peak lyricism right now. The production is also really great and generally "light" so you can really dig into the meanings. Just an all around great album. Favorite Track: Legendary Iron Hood

Uncommon Nasa - Written At Night: This is a really slick concept album, definitely the kinda hip-hop album that you should listen to all the way through. The production isn't killer but it has some high points. Favorite: God's Aim

Hieroglyphics - 3rd Eye Vision - I see you've listened to the nineties, but if you're willing to delve back in, this is a really underrated bay area classic, and not only is the production classic but it's got some awesome tracks which aren't afraid to be genuine and meaningful. Favorite Track: All Things

Freddie Gibbs - Pinata: forget this album is dope, some of the greatest production of any hip-hop record in the last decade, and it's some true feet-on-the-pavement gangster rap but with just enough introspection to not seem to narcissistic(Although if you're looking for some true tony soprano level introspection, Shadow of a Doubt is full of that). Favorite Track: Thuggin
And hey for Shadow of a Doubt, Favorite Track: Freddie Gordy

Bedwetter - Flick Your Tongue Against Your Teeth and Describe the Present: You may know Bedwetter as Lil Ugly Mane, who made some forgetin bangers on his last albums but has started to put out some of the most interesting hip-hop i've heard in a long time. Deep, Experimental, disturbing hip-hop which is mainly concerned with his mental health. It is a little light on the rapping, mostly focused on atmosphere, but there are some real standout songs. Favorite Track: Haze of Interference

-links-
I'm gonna give all of them a listen. Listened to Brick body kids still daydream, it's good so far. Also I've listened to Pinata it's loving brilliant, Freddie is so underrated I love his music especially you only live 2wice and shadow of a doubt

honestly id try kid cudi's earlier stuff (both man on the moon albums, and indicud)

@camel that bedwetter album is pretty good, “Branch” is like an acid nightmare. Love lil ugly mane.

https://genius.com/albums/Brockhampton/All-american-trash

then when you're done listen to the Saturation trilogy

also, listen to Vince Staples' discog, Big Fish Theory was loving excellent