Mark Salling, "Glee" co-star, dead at 35

Author Topic: Mark Salling, "Glee" co-star, dead at 35  (Read 4638 times)

Quote from: Sources
http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/30/mark-salling-dead-Self Delete-dies/

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/30/entertainment/mark-salling-dead/index.html

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/01/30/mark-salling-reportedly-dead-glee-star-was-facing-jail-for-child-research-possession.html

Quote from: CNN
Actor Mark Salling, best known for his role as Noah "Puck" Puckerman on Fox's musical comedy-drama "Glee," has died, according to his attorney. He was 35.

"I can confirm that Mark Salling passed away early this morning," attorney Michael Proctor said in a statement to CNN. "Mark was a gentle and loving person, a person of great creativity, who was doing his best to atone for some serious mistakes and errors of judgment."

Los Angeles Police tell CNN they were called to investigate a report of a death in a wooded area near Tujunga at 8:50 am local time on Tuesday morning but could not confirm any further information.

Salling was indicted in May 2016 on charges of receiving and possessing child research.

He pleaded guilty to one count of possession of child research involving a prepubescent minor and was scheduled for sentencing March 7.

As part of a plea agreement, Salling was expected to be sentenced to four years to seven years in federal prison, followed by a 20-year period of supervised release and registration as a love offender.

/discuss

he was a child predator it had to be done

glee loving sucked anyway

oof
maybe if his family hadn't raised a child enthusiast they wouldn't be having this problem

yea I still don't think anyone should go to prison over child research. if someone is purchasing it than that's a different story (because they are directly supporting child rape). but people will always be child enthusiasts--and I've never seen a study to suggest that viewing child research makes them more likely to abuse children. since it isn't causing anybody harm (the actual rape/production is) why do we sentence these people to go to prison?

if someone is discovered as possessing or viewing child research they should attend mandatory treatment. if you lock a child enthusiast in jail for seven years he will still be child enthusiast when he comes out--and since he's now a felon and a love offender he wont be able to get work, meaning he'll probably get involved with crime, further harming society. he may even be more likely to commit a loveual assault against a child because he feels the need to take 'revenge' on society.

lock people up if they buy, produce, or sell child research. but is it really worth ruining somebody's life and driving them to Self Delete for looking at photos? the highest estimates suggest about 20% of child enthusiasts will eventually commit a loveual assault, with the lowest around 1%. child enthusiasts aren't rapists or molesters until they commit those crimes. they're seriously ill people who should receive treatment before we destroy their lives and/or allow them to hurt children.

lost of people get off on pictures of dead women and children. lots of torture and gore videos are produced by cartels and terrorist groups. by viewing these videos, people directly support the crimes in question. cartels wouldn't torture people on video if nobody was watching it (either for morbid shock or perverse pleasure). it's illegal to torture and kill people--so why don't we ban this sort of content in the same way? I really don't know. I think that anyone known to regularly look at that sort of stuff for pleasure should have to undergo the same sort of treatment (to ensure that they will not harm anybody in the future).

imo it's extremely immoral to lock people up over this sort of thing.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 07:20:07 PM by McZealot »

ok amos yee, whatever you say

Yea gore should be illegal too.

Also it was confied this guy killed himself. Didnt see that explicitly mentioned

by viewing these videos, people directly support the crimes in question. cartels wouldn't torture people on video if nobody was watching it (either for morbid shock or perverse pleasure).
it's literally exactly the same for cp
I don't think it should be illegal to just be a child enthusiast. not like you can do much about it
but you can control your actions