I'm doing Space Engine desktop wallpapers

Author Topic: I'm doing Space Engine desktop wallpapers  (Read 2837 times)

Hey, I'll do some free wallpapers for people. Name your resolution and I'll make one for you. I can do wallpapers of the Solar System as well as known astronomical objects, or randomly-generated ones. Click on a thumbnail to see the full-size picture.

1920 x 1080
Procedurally-generated bodies

Real-Life Astronomical Objects

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:03:17 PM by HellHound »

Keep in mind, I'll only be taking 10 requests at the moment.
To-do list:
1. Gr8dayseth
2. ZeUberMedic (COMPLETE)
3. Blockz (COMPLETE)
4. A friend who isn't on the BL forums (COMPLETE)
5. c[_]
6. Rigel (COMPLETE)
7. Nixtheglaceon

Once the list is full, I won't be accepting any new requests until the entire list has been completed.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 05:52:11 AM by HellHound »

ooo ya i forgot about space engine

gimme a randomly generated mountainscape with a star setting behind! 1920x1080

gimme a randomly generated mountainscape with a star setting behind! 1920x1080
I'll see what I can do, though I'm not gonna be able to be do anything more specific than that

I want the wallpaper to be a randomly generated star system 1920x1080

can i have one of a random super-earth facing its parent star? add a moon if it makes it look better
1920 x 1080

I want the wallpaper to be a randomly generated star system 1920x1080
I can't fit an entire star system into a photo, unfortunately. the game lets you re-arrange a star system's bodies by size, like this:

aw thats gay
i guess i want a gas giant facing a star

lots of stars and a supernova 1920 x 1080
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:45:56 AM by c[_] »

do one of Rigel, or failing that, the star Osiris
1920 x 1080

lots of stars and a supernova 1920 x 1080
I can get a supernova into a pic I'm pretty sure, but I don't think I can get both stars and a supernova. I'm not entirely sure if the game has stars that are mid-supernova, either.

do one of Rigel, or failing that, the star Osiris
1920 x 1080

here's one of the rigel system, from its barycenter. sorry if it isn't all that great, I wasn't sure how to make a star system with nothing but stars look good.
aw thats gay
i guess i want a gas giant facing a star

how about a gas giant in orbit of a red giant?
can i have one of a random super-earth facing its parent star? add a moon if it makes it look better
1920 x 1080

this earth isn't all that super, so here's a different picture that looks more super

more to come later, don't worry.

sorry to steal your show, but I'd also like to highlight the collection of screenshots in my old space engine thread that several people posted. there's some pretty great shots in there, but not all of them are 1920x1080
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=273005.0

brown dwarfs and/or black holes

I can get a supernova into a pic I'm pretty sure, but I don't think I can get both stars and a supernova. I'm not entirely sure if the game has stars that are mid-supernova, either.
just a supernova is fine