Poll

Would you rather have me incorporate my ideas and finish Iban's CityRPG 3.0, or continue making a whole new one? (Reset poll, read post)

Yes! Work on CityRPG 3.0!
No pls continue work on your city rpg!

Author Topic: City RPG (GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION)  (Read 4368 times)

Questions:
  • What makes you dislike/not want to join CityRPGs?
  • What makes you like/want to join CityRPGs? (What about iBans do you not like?)

Job Progression:
https://www.lucidchart.com/invitations/accept/05d1f109-4524-411b-80ea-8031150aff69

Job Information:

Starting Class Labor requires no education; it includes fast food workers (will be more fun to make money, will use a minigame), miners, and lumberjacks.

Crime jobs receive no pay; instead they must collect their money from drugs, hits, pick-pocketing, or killing people. They do, however, receive a small discount on weapons and drugs due to "connections". I am considering higher crime positions having pay, however this isn't solid. I'll probably do a poll on it. (I haven't made a job list for crime, but the bottom 2/3 of the jobs won't require education; the top 3 jobs will require levels 7, 8, or 9 education levels in Law, however you don't need a clean record.)

College is for education; it gives you access to the most job options. You can study Labor, Business, or Law.
  • Labor Education gives you the option to study in a field relevant to the labor you want to eventually work in. (While the first 3 job options are identical to that of no education labor jobs, you will receive benefits relevant to the job you work (lumberjacks receive plot discounts, miners receive gun discounts, restaurant workers receive
    food discounts). This career path pays based on amount of work done, plus a base fee. While it pays low, you can work to get it up to a middle-high paying job.
  • Law Education leads to jobs that allow for you to have a weapon for free. You'll need a clean record to get any law enforcement job. This career path pays the least.
  • Business Education leads to jobs that give you a progressively increasing discount in everything bought from other business owners. This career path pays the most.

Mayor:
  • Mayors will receive Moderator
  • Elected by the people
  • 5-day term
  • Can only run in two elections in a row
  • Determines taxes on different job types (Buisness, Labor, Law, Unemployed/crime)
  • Can elect a bodyguard, who is given a shotgun and ballistic vest on spawn
  • Has a revolver
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:58:20 AM by GreyWolf »

1.) What makes you dislike/not want to join CityRPGs?
When Its a edit of Ibans.
3.) Do you think that :cookieMonster: deserves a :cookie: ?
Sure

1. Anything that is iban edit or has the same features as ibans - 90% of servers fail from this
2. Easy UI, better mechanics to the game such as criminals should not spawn with weapons
3. This question is full of autism
4. Nothing of gravity cats (hitscan and breaks fov) or tier tactical (all hitscans)
5. If you are a good builder you will know what packs to use, get good ones from the archive
6. Vehicles arent that easy to find for a crpg, something not too fast or too slow

Get good admins because a lot of city rpgs have had a history of people who can't even look at their feet

greywolf werent you that handicap that was deadmined from servo2's cityrpg

greywolf werent you that intelligent individual that was deadmined from servo2's cityrpg

I'm not going to say you're wrong, but I wasn't deadmined for a legitimate reason iirc, more like I pissed off servo or one of his admins

7. Do not flame - If the entire point of your post is to tell someone what an idiot they are, don't bother. 

Get good admins because a lot of city rpgs have had a history of people who can't even look at their feet

Yeah, I plan to do that. I have a couple level-headed successful hosts that have agreed to administrate it, if I go through with it. I'll expand from there with applications. I'm not afraid to de-admin if anyone misbehaves.

1. Anything that is iban edit or has the same features as ibans - 90% of servers fail from this
2. Easy UI

I'll add a poll asking if people want a forced client-sided gui with possible keybinds for things like education, or a text-based one. I like the simplicity of text-based ones, but I think an actual clean GUI when you click on a brick would be a fresh look that people might enjoy.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 07:38:08 AM by GreyWolf »

I'm not going to say you're wrong, but I wasn't deadmined for a legitimate reason iirc, more like I pissed off servo or one of his admins
no i think count and i busted your drug duping area (or maybe that was someone else)
either that or it was when you were placing drug spawn bricks

delete this question

what question

no i think count and i busted your drug duping area (or maybe that was someone else)

I thought on it overnight, and remembered the details of the situation. This isn't a drama thread, not sure why I'm even replying, but whatever:
I was a new admin that was also fairly new to CityRPGs. I believe I went over the drug limit as an admin, since I didn't know there was one.

Regardless of what the situation was, it doesn't affect the legitimacy of my efforts to make a better CityRPG that people actually enjoy.

If you have further questions or complaints, PM me.

For the UI, why not make both, make the client not required but tell people it is recommended for maximum gameplay

I like those kind of servers

For the UI, why not make both, make the client not required but tell people it is recommended for maximum gameplay

I like those kind of servers

Yeah, I think I'll do that. I sent a forum PM to you (Viso) concerning something.

Questions:

1.) What makes you dislike/not want to join CityRPGs?
Firefights in the streets, boring ways to get money such as mining and chopping trees,  afk admins, sitting in jail.
No place to drive to, lack of rp.

2.) What makes you like/want to join CityRPGs?
Nostalgia for those rare times when people used to actually RP in em.
Building in a city.
The spectacle when everything goes wrong, the admin forgot to ban an event, and the server implodes, and the host gets tired of the complaints and shuts down the server.

3.) What weapon pack would you like to see used?
Only Projectile based weapons.  No raycast-instant hit weapons. (I like dodging projectiles)

4.) ^brick packs?
DragonIV's
1RandomBrickPack

Please don't use any of Demian's. If I remember right they don't have any icons. :P

5.) ^vehicles? (Within reason, no tanks or planes.)
Any simple city vehicles.  Bikes, skateboards.
Vehicles that use the "garage" system, while pretty cool looking, tend to cause lag.

-snip-

Thanks for the response:

I like the idea of adding better ways to make money, similar to the way Club Penguin (don't hate) has fun but relevant minigames to encourage work. I'm not going to remove mining and chopping trees (as some people enjoy it), but it won't be the only way to make money.

I plan to add several smaller regions instead of one big one, so you'll have places to drive to.

The beta should iron out any bugs, unbanned events, or exploits. I don't mind complaints, they're just a way of encouraging me to improve the server.

I'm not going to remove the jail system; that needs to stay in place to discourage killing sprees. I will, however, add a way to post bail, but it won't be cheap.

I'll take the add-ons you mentioned into consideration.

bump

Updated the original post; yes, I'm serious about this.