Author Topic: [Server Mod] Trench Digging Plus  (Read 3670 times)

Trench Digging Plus
Satisfy all your digging needs, and more!

After a year of procrastination and banging my head against my desk working out vector math, I present Trench Digging Plus! Trench Digging Plus is a complete overhaul of Lilboarder's classic and iconic Trench Digging gamemode.

Here are it's features:

• Trench Tool
    • doubles as a shovel and placer
    • can adjust cube size of dirt dug or placed
    • provides ghost brick showing where dirt will be dug or placed
    • placed dirt is color of player's paint can (if enabled)
  • Cube and brick dirt
  • Trench playertypes - Playertypes that can use cube dirt as stairs
  • General server commands
    • /ttHelp [section] - Provides information on how to use the Trench Tool.
    • /giveDirt [name] [amount] - Offers dirt to another player. Can be disabled via preferences.
    • /cancelDirt - Cancels an offer to give another player dirt.
    • /acceptDirt [name] [amount] - Accepts another player's offer to give you dirt.
    • /rejectDirt [name] - Rejects a client's offer to give you dirt.
  • Admin only server commands
    • /speedDirt [name] - Toggles speed digging and placing for a player. Player is caller if name is left empty.
    • /infDirt [name] - Toggle infinite dirt for a single player. Player is caller if name is left empty.
    • /setDirt [name] [amount] - Sets how much dirt a player has. Player is caller if name is left empty.
    • /addDirt [name] [amount] - Adds to a player's stored dirt. Player is caller if name is left empty.
    • /subDirt [name] [amount] - Subtracts from a player's stored dirt. Player is caller if name is left empty.
  • Server preferences
    • General
      • max dirt
      • toggle infinite dirt
      • toggle dirt giving
    • Trench Tool
      • max cube size
      • tool range
      • tool delay
      • dirt color preferences
  • NOT compatible with Lilboarder's Trench Digging gamemode. Running both together will cause problems.

Planned Features:

• Breakable dirt - Bullets and explosions can damage and remove dirt. Dirt of different colors can be configured to have different levels of health
  • Tunnel boring vehicle - vehicle that digs dirt in front of it.
  • Item model for Trench Tool - probably a shovel, with digging and placing animations
  • /dumpDirt - Dumps all a player's dirt. I feel this may not be necessary with the inclusion of bigger cube sizes and dirt trading.
  • Minimum cube size
  • Preference to turn ghost brick off - for those who like it classic

Please provide feedback below. I am sure this mod is still riddled with bugs, despite my pre-release audit. Also, I could use some pictures that better illustrate the potential of the mod, if anyone wants to throw some photos my way. If you have any ideas for improvements, or want me to implement any of my planned features, let me know below! Like seriously, I'm probably not going to do any more work on this add-on unless people kick me in the ass to do it.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 06:55:08 PM by Platypi »

God damn it... I can't remove that stupid [ /list] tag at the end of my thread.

EDIT: fixed

Also hi.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:34:06 PM by Platypi »

brb making trench wars bullstuff

God damn it... I can't remove that stupid [ /list] tag at the end of my thread.

Also hi.
i think the problem is the [ list] tag at the very beginning and the [ /list] tag at the very end, i tried quoting and removing both of them and it didn't show up anymore and it didn't seem any different in terms of formatting anyway

and hi!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 11:06:43 PM by gr8dayseth »

does this mean trench wars will be slightly less boring now

This is so lovey. Great timing with all the trench servers lately.

i can provide an animated item model, but one thing i want to request prefs-wise is minimum dirt size. that would be helpful so people are restricted to a certain size by host decision

i think the problem is the [ list] tag at the very beginning and the [ /list] tag at the very end, i tried quoting and removing both of them and it didn't show up anymore and it didn't seem any different in terms of formatting anyway
Yup, that fixed it. Didn't notice the tag at the beginning.

does this mean trench wars will be slightly less boring now
That's the plan, Stan.

i can provide an animated item model
That would be much appreciated!

one thing i want to request prefs-wise is minimum dirt size. that would be helpful so people are restricted to a certain size by host decision
I assume you minimum cube size. I have added it to the planned features.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 02:47:30 AM by Platypi »

what about things where you could configure certain colored blocks to have a given amount of hp

This might be pretty nice for the bug mod trench dig server that I've been hosting over the years.
Will check this out.

what about things where you could configure certain colored blocks to have a given amount of hp
Interesting idea... If I ever get around to giving trench bricks HP, I'll try to implement something like this.

This might be pretty nice for the bug mod trench dig server that I've been hosting over the years.
Will check this out.
I remember this. A refreshing take on the trench gamemode that never really took off as much as I felt it should.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:36:14 PM by Platypi »