Hatmod_CastleCrashers

Poll

Should I release my Majora's Mask hat?

Yes
10 (100%)
Nah keep that stuff private
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Hatmod_CastleCrashers  (Read 7306 times)

This was one of my first hats made a while back, I was originally planning on releasing this with a gamemode but I figured I'd release it now so it was more aware that it exist. Anyway, enjoy.

*Thanks to Mr.Noßody for polishing the model*.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 04:10:25 PM by Gautier00 »

Just a tip; Objects that are that round shouldn't be flat shaded because then the visible creases just creates unnecessary visual noise, and the top should be flat

that cylinder has a lot of tris

Just a tip; Objects that are that round shouldn't be flat shaded because then the visible creases just creates unnecessary visual noise, and the top should be flat
Yeah, kinda learned that a while back from others. Like I said it was one of my first few hats where I put a little bit to much detail in areas. Plus I barely compressed this to begin with so it has a lot more polys then it should as well. Regardless its not a completely stuffty hat.

Edit: Another thing I actually screwed up as well was the under part of the hat, there's supposed to be something to block being able to see underneath the hat yet I never figured out how to fix this, its minor but like it always bugs me.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 09:01:29 PM by Gautier00 »

I don't think that's a bug you need to fix :^)

That being said. I don't really think the helmets should be round. They were round in CC because their heads were round.
Blockheads have square heads.

if you're going to make it round with that many sides at least smoothshade and edgesplit into like 4 sections

That being said. I don't really think the helmets should be round. They were round in CC because their heads were round.
Blockheads have square heads.
My personal preference was keeping it round, although yes I agree it makes much more sense to keep it fitting for blockland I just personally preferred the way it is now. Regardless I'm not taking your suggestion lightly i'll definitely keep that in mind whenever I do model something again.

if you're going to make it round with that many sides at least smoothshade and edgesplit into like 4 sections
Here's the thing that I didn't even bother to mention, I made this about 4 months ago? With little experience with blender, like maybe watching tutorials for 11 hours straight and just working off of them. That's all the experience I had, the most I did was know how to partially decimate the model to have less polygons so that it wouldn't be like 200mb and that be a loving pain in the ass to have to deal with when joining a server that has the hats. Another issue I personally have is putting a lot of detail when there really shouldn't be, which is why decimating was so important. So yeah that would be a smart decision but considering I had no idea how the forget to do that 4 months ago this would of been super helpful now if I had release this right when I completed it. I do appreciate your feedback though regardless.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:48:15 PM by Gautier00 »

To be honest, I think making the helmets square to better fit the blockhead's head would remove some of the charm to these.
I would recommend possibly smooth-shading the round edge though. Seeing that many edge faces seems like a bit much.

To be honest, I think making the helmets square to better fit the blockhead's head would remove some of the charm to these.
I would recommend possibly smooth-shading the round edge though. Seeing that many edge faces seems like a bit much.
It is, and I don't dissent on that point, I just honestly don't have the urge to bother with it, I'm used to the way they are now since me and my buds didn't really have an issue with em instead we just enjoyed dressing up as them. If you'd like to modify the model yourself by all means you have my blessing to re upload a more revised version I'd fully be behind that. For now I'm just gonna focus on working on other projects.

No worries, they work for what they are. And in all intensive purposes, they get the job done.

so i guess people are just going to keep criticizing this and OP is going to keep saying no

hm

yeah that sounds pleasant

Here's the thing that I didn't even bother to mention, I made this about 4 months ago? With little experience with blender, like maybe watching tutorials for 11 hours straight and just working off of them. That's all the experience I had, the most I did was know how to partially decimate the model to have less polygons so that it wouldn't be like 200mb and that be a loving pain in the ass to have to deal with when joining a server that has the hats. Another issue I personally have is putting a lot of detail when there really shouldn't be, which is why decimating was so important. So yeah that would be a smart decision but considering I had no idea how the forget to do that 4 months ago this would of been super helpful now if I had release this right when I completed it. I do appreciate your feedback though regardless.

just smoothshade it tho