Author Topic: Gamemode Error  (Read 1689 times)

*Edit: Just to clarify I'm trying to make a gamemode to release including all the addons/music and what not, however when I try loading it without using a dedicated cmd it just refuses to load. It'll work only when the game is dedicated, and I find that to be a problem since not everybody hosts like that.

I keep getting a bunch of these errors but like I have all the addons needed for the gamemode that's in the gamemode.txt file yet it keeps asking for things I've never used in the entire game. I have no idea if its just a requirement for another addon to work or not but that wouldn't make sense if it works in custom or on a dedicated server. I can run the gamemode in a dedicated cmd just fine but if I were to release the gamemode like this people are gonna get this issue. I don't even have "Weapon_Minigun" so adding it to the txt file isn't an option. I don't even want to add stuff I've never used in the game to begin with that's just a waste of time to load something not required.

Is there a solution to skip all required add-ons to just forcefully load the gamemode?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:38:48 PM by Gautier00 »

Maybe you have an add-on in your gamemode that requires Weapon_Minigun?

Maybe you have an add-on in your gamemode that requires Weapon_Minigun?
That's the only thing I can possibly think of, but it doesn't make sense to me that the gamemode loads up perfectly fine if you just load it in a dedicated server, it just bypasses the issue. But trying to load it up just through blockland yourself it wont work. There's gotta be some way to just ignore it, cause all the addons im using I basically need. I can't remove something for a addon I have no idea about.

Just add Weapon_Minigun to the gamemode txt.
All you have to do is go to the gamemode.txt and type "ADDON Weapon_Minigun".
Thats all.

Thats all.
If that works ill let you know. Thanks for the input

Thats all.
*huge ass delay and stuffty bump* but for future reference adding just ADDON Weapon_Minigun to the script only makes the gamemode unplayable because the addon doesn't exist in my addons. Best way to fix this for anybody who struggles making a gamemode, just take a random default addon such as what I did and use the default Weapon_Sword just rename the file name to Weapon_Minigun or whatever your missing for your game and update the namecheck.txt file in the addon. It'll load up the gamemode just fine as if nothing is missing.

While that is a suitable solution, the problem is occuring because one of the addons you are using in the gamemode is trying to force an addon that you don't have. The true way to fix it would be to determine which addon it is, and remove the code that forces the addon.