Author Topic: If Blockland receives a new update, what would you like to see in it?  (Read 5747 times)

Hats, maps, body types, new faces, head types (like sphere head or some crazy stuff cus why not) , more gamemodes, more event options, terrain generator, incorporated new dup and slayer, better bot ai, better physics.

more functions/nerd stuff

SetSpeed
SetCrouchSpeed

Basicly make some event mods default and add more
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:07:03 AM by Kevso »

steam workshop integration

Some more functions for players.

Setting some values per object rather than per datablock:
setJumpForce
setMass
setRunForce

Maybe even introduce some new ones to play around with:
setGravity
setCrouchEnabled
setJumpEnabled
setJetEnabled

A countdown timer to the death of blockland

mounted items replaced with mounted bots allowing more customization

steam workshop integration for saves/addons/gamemodes
bugfixes and patches for exploits

mounted items replaced with mounted bots allowing more customization
more than 3 mount slots

I'd be down for a Community Style update, aka taking certain addons and making them official, Slayer is a good example imo.
This is a great idea, I would also say stuff like eval being added. A poll would be great too, like in old school runescape where they poll for new things to be added, where the most popular vote choice would be added into the game.  :cookieMonster:

This is a great idea, I would also say stuff like eval being added. A poll would be great too, like in old school runescape where they poll for new things to be added, where the most popular vote choice would be added into the game.  :cookieMonster:
eval is failbinned for a reason

Bricks.

The game is too dull with the bricks provided and most servers nowadays have the same brick packs that should be in the game by default anyway. Too little bricks for the imagination.

Bricks.

The game is too dull with the bricks provided and most servers nowadays have the same brick packs that should be in the game by default anyway. Too little bricks for the imagination.
I'd like to argue that the limitation is what makes it more rewarding to step out of the boundaries of what was thought to be possible.
And even though you are limited; if you use your tools correctly, you can actually make some pretty amazing stuff with what you have- with default bricks and events.
Its also what makes those useful add-ons pop out more, and I think its because this game is so limited is why it's been alive for so long. People want to
bend the game to their will to see what they can do with it, and making add-on that changes the entire community must be a thing that must be a great achievement.
You should share your knowledge of the game, in my opinion, which is why we turn off a bunch of new-comers. The game isn't exactly user-friendly; you can't
make something do some really cool stuff without the know-how.

dll mods such as bl-browser are integrated into the game
improved vehicle collision
blockland glass, new duplicator, fill can, slayer, and other essential addons are default
bug fixes
allow stereo music to be played
new functions for modders
fix the mac version of the game on steam attempting to save data to the root of the system
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:52:33 AM by Mr Queeba »

possibly additions like making a physical variant of fakekillbricks with actual collision

possibly additions like making a physical variant of fakekillbricks with actual collision
i doubt this is possible with the engine ( i mean you see how vehicles interact ) but we can dream