Poll

should we let people outside of the blf collab?

yes
4 (33.3%)
yes lets watch the madness
2 (16.7%)
no
4 (33.3%)
no thats terrible
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: BLF LED Necklace Collab!  (Read 3141 times)

I'm trying to do a project with this code but I want it to be a bit more special, so i'm making a sort-of Animation Collab!

To make an animation, use this tool and check the "as byte arrays" checkmark once you're done. Then, paste the code somewhere and put a link to it. (recommended sites: BLF, Pastebin)

The final project will be going to PAX East 2018 for 1 day, as well as having a video of the final animation!

Current Entries:
craftersshaft (Mario Demo, Dog Dancing We No Speak Americano)
gr8dayseth (Scrolling ball animation, Parrot Grass[?])
Mr. Queeba (Loss)
Copy Kirby (Ascii Terror)

VIDEO: soon

EDIT 1: The final LED Matrix will be blue, but once the code is released it can be any color you want!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 10:33:26 AM by craftersshaft »

wait are u including the two u already did in ndt?

once i find a good image to ascii i'll include those

here's "ass" as an example, coverting images to proper code for the gemma will take a bit but the base is pretty much the same

also make sure to include how long you want your animation to be by frame (either 0.25, 0.50 0.75 or 0.12)

i forgot to link the ass example BUT i have a mario example as well as a dog dancing we no speak americano example
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 12:36:12 PM by craftersshaft »

ok well i wanted to animate my bird plant boy on it somehow but 8x8 is much too small for that so i made a simple lil bouncing ball animation
and here's that but scrolling which might be more interesting (altho it's not perfect i didn't plan it very well lol)

but i guess the frames could be 0.75 long on either
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 12:51:14 PM by gr8dayseth »

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 01:01:22 PM by craftersshaft »

depending on how much i can fit into the gemma, some people may have more or less submissions

i think the soft limit should be 2 animations, but depending on how short or long it is some people may get 1, and some might get 3 or 4

is it too early to bump this

found out that yes it is technically a necklace since i plan on adding a lanyard to it
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 06:16:23 PM by craftersshaft »