Author Topic: Exporting small bricks  (Read 1324 times)

Im using blender 2.67 to model them and 2.49b to export them.
They both look fine in the editors.
When I try to export the 0.25f edge and change its position for it to be a 'side' brick, it turns into a giant 64x64 kinda brick.
If anyone could help me understand this or help me... that'd be nice.
Thanks

.BLB still didn't work, Its cause im trying to export smallbricks, Its trying to read a brick shape value (such as 1x2, 3x5) that doesn't exist.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 10:49:44 AM by soldier101@ »

Did you read the docs on the blb exporter?

Yeah. I was reading the docs right now. I need to put a bounding box to tell it what size the brick is (in this case a 1x1f). Problem is, I don't know how to put a invisible bounds brick for a .blb.
I also tried using a 3rd party obj to blb converter, and that didn't work at all...

Currently, When I pull out my brick selector and put it where i want the brick to be, It ghosts as a giant version of the small brick I had.

-Pics-

Comparison on size (NOTE: the 1x1f is only for example)

Small brick In blender
Small brick in blender 2.49b (For exporting)

In-Game...

-Blends and BLB-

.Blend
.BLB

Test it yourself

Also I am using blender 2.67 for importing and creation
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 12:17:24 PM by soldier101@ »

Hm, can you post the blend?

should use demians blb exporter, no need to go through multiple versions of blender to export bricks.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 02:55:58 PM by soldier101@ »

It don't work
This is vague and this doesn't help on what doesn't exactly work, what kind of errors are you getting and what version is it on

The reason its a giant 64x cube is cause it can't find the file you're defining, you have to put .blb.

Like right now you have brickFile = "./0x25side"; it should be brickFile = "./0x25side.blb";

Edit: Also I'm running blender 2.79 which is latest? I think? And I'm able to export to .obj and run it through generals obj to blb just fine, both brick packs I've released just recently were made that way
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 09:17:18 PM by RallyBlock »

The reason its a giant 64x cube is cause it can't find the file you're defining, you have to put .blb.

Like right now you have brickFile = "./0x25side"; it should be brickFile = "./0x25side.blb";

Edit: Also I'm running blender 2.79 which is latest? I think? And I'm able to export to .obj and run it through generals obj to blb just fine, both brick packs I've released just recently were made that way
THANK YOU SO MUCH.