help blouk pick out a desk and chair

Author Topic: help blouk pick out a desk and chair  (Read 837 times)

so all i really do on my laptop anymore is making music and play blockland, so i want to get suggestions of what to get
price doesn't matter too much but the cheaper the better

current specs:
17" 1080p
i7 4710hq 2.5
16gb ram
250gb ssd
gtx 860m
3 usb ports
w10 home 64bit

i prefer it to be 14" or bigger for screen size and at least 1080p resolution
i also want it to be 64bit
no hp or dell

/discuss
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 04:32:35 AM by ßlöükfáce »

a desktop
my laptop has a 1080p 14"screen but it is not for gaming at all, however my brother's laptop is an inspiron 5566 with 8gb of ram, an i5, I think maybe an 18" screen, 1 terabyte of ssd, an intel graphics (not sure which one) card, 64 bit windows 10, and 4 usbs I believe.
It is a dell however so ye
it is alright with running games, it runs blockland great

look into older thinkpads.

the t510 is pretty nice and really easy to upgrade if you wanna stick a SATA SSD in it.

i rock a x140e with a SSD because i really don't care for gaming, i just want a laptop that can do basic tasks and have enough power to do some gaming.

If you don't move around much with the laptop honestly get a desktop because they're cheaper to build

dell's laptops are extremely good for the price, why don't you want one lol?

If you don't move around much with the laptop honestly get a desktop because they're cheaper to build

A dell thinkpad Obviously

you've got a good point, since i got my windows tablet i have pretty much used that to take with me everywhere
though the bad thing about that is 1) i might have to redo my desk setup again and 2) how the forget do you do the actual putting together part

WELP desktop it is

recommend me good builds with $1200 being the maximum excluding the monitor

you've got a good point, since i got my windows tablet i have pretty much used that to take with me everywhere
though the bad thing about that is 1) i might have to redo my desk setup again and 2) how the forget do you do the actual putting together part

WELP desktop it is

Watch these two to figure out how to build a PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQEwQ-sRUZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbpqkiaO7q4

2) how the forget do you do the actual putting together part
look up a lot of videos and try to determine the process
a word of caution though: i've built two computers so far and i thought i knew what i was doing going in but it's a lot different to watch something be done than actually do it

WELP desktop it is

you dont even have to build it if you dont want to. prebuilts arent that much more, and i think the premium is worth paying if it means you wont make a mistake or break anything

WELP desktop it is

yeah i was gonna say the only reason why i have a thinkpad is because i already have the desktop lmao.

if u need help just pm me or something and i can help you the best i can. a good tip is don't force anything in, everything should go in smoothing when you're building it.

Your current laptop looks pretty fine as it is and if you aren't gaming much that's gonna last you a while.

welp now that i have a build i think i moreso need a desk since the one i have now isn't quite what i want let alone even a real computer desk (its my dad's work bench)
that and i need a chair that is actually mine since i'm borrowing the one i have now

i want an L shape up to around 40x60 inches (the short side doesnt matter quite as much but still needs to be around that or a bit shorter)
i think i like darker colors more and modern is nice, but really any desk and chair that fit with each other
budget is around 250 or less if possible for the desk and around 150 tops for the chair

/discuss
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 04:40:36 AM by ßlöükfáce »