Author Topic: My best friend's dad will die within the next 12 hours (dead)  (Read 6108 times)

You can cash this in later to get some of that sweet poon too when her daddy issues flair up after the grieving period.
you know we'll have that one guy in a situation like this

you know we'll have that one guy in a situation like this
Ya and I'll be that one guy getting some out of this.

She's had past experiences of self harm
I noticed small cuts on her upper arms and I'm wondering if thats just the beginning.
I know she was just prescribed anxiety medicine for a few weeks, and as far as I know she has some sort of counselor.

and away we go

you have to acknowledge the cutting op. my best friend started cutting and she told me instead of noticing myself. cutting is a way to ignore other pain, like the death of your father. explain you concerns and make sure she seeks help.

She was telling me that she could use some space; not just from me but from everyone

(except chad)

tbh explaining your friends dad's death isn't a good thing to post on the blf. not at this point in time, anyway
there's too many stuffheads who derail the topic or make stupid jokes nowadays

Yes, I have given her some space. I noticed small cuts on her upper arms and I'm wondering if thats just the beginning. I'm worried about the bigger picture; Self Delete.

I've been keeping tabs on her with her mom. All I can do is hope.
speaking from experience- I guess it’s a bit different from my point of view but it’s unlikely that she’s going to actually try, and even if she does try normally everybody who does try goes for some silly stuff that won’t actually kill them. just talk to her continually, and give her space. whenever she needs space it’s probably that she doesn’t want to talk and needs to go chill for a bit. she’ll be alright. unless the cutting gets bad (usually after the first one or two cuts people realize how forgeted it is and stop), you probably shouldn’t ask her because then she’ll hide it from you. common place for cutting is arms/thighs so i’d be watching in those places (and if it’s thighs and she’s wearing jeans, it’ll be hella painful to stand up/sit down)

you have to acknowledge the cutting op. my best friend started cutting and she told me instead of noticing myself. cutting is a way to ignore other pain, like the death of your father. explain you concerns and make sure she seeks help.
while true there’s no reason for immediate concerns with small cuts unless they start to become giant and span entire arm lengths. letting the person know that you see their cuts is either a good way to get them to open up further about it and make you feel horrible or have them hide it from you entirely. it depends.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 07:10:28 AM by Metario »

while true there’s no reason for immediate concerns with small cuts unless they start to become giant and span entire arm lengths. letting the person know that you see their cuts is either a good way to get them to open up further about it and make you feel horrible or have them hide it from you entirely. it depends.

the cuts will get bigger, no doubt about it; cutting is an addiction. in my experience, they know it's bad and secretly want to tell someone but they're too ashamed or embarrassed to say so. 

people who self harm are handicapped no exceptions

this is literally the most insensitive thing i've seen you say here.

it's also true

people who self harm feel stuffty enough as it is, let alone be labeled "handicapped". i really hope you don't say that to people who self harm.

hey red spy if you could stop being such a colossal starfish 24/7 that'd be pretty neat

you know depressed animals bite their own limbs off sometimes? and it happens to about 95% of animals that encounter depression? self harm is nature's coping mechanism when you can't vent your frustration out on any other animal present.

animals that are isolated in captivity have nothing around them to attack, so they attack themselves. Humans have the option to attack people around them, but we understand the weight of consequences (jail, charges, loss of friends) so we attack ourselves. If you've been upset before and didn't cut yourself, chances are you went online and called people bitches instead. So... whats better, giving yourself minor scratches, or being a richard and losing all your friends
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:15:17 PM by PhantOS »

people who self harm feel stuffty enough as it is, let alone be labeled "handicapped". i really hope you don't say that to people who self harm.

you're right. cutting your own limbs up isn't a really dumb thing to do. my bad

you know depressed animals bite their own limbs off sometimes? and it happens to about 95% of animals that encounter depression?

ever seen a duck fly a plane?