Author Topic: The Oscars  (Read 3397 times)

isn't coco that movie about the illegal that meets a bunch of skeletons
i would've said 'muh mexis' but that works too

is that cropped research

no it's when you see a pupper and you talk to it in your pupper voice

man I love how much loving time they're wasting going into the theater next door and messing around with a bunch of nobodies

you're right, that's how they're SUPPOSED to choose, in addition to story and other things which the movie is also great at

you're right, that's how they're SUPPOSED to choose, in addition to story and other things which the movie is also great at
i honestly dont think you've seen either movie

i for one haven't

So pissed that Silent Child won. It was preachy and stupid. They villified the parents to an extreme degree and it was almost comedic. The ending was so stupid (with the girl signing "I LOVE YOU") and almost laughable. The Eleven O'Clock was HILARIOUS and brilliant, one of the funniest shorts I've seen. I didn't think it would win because of the lack of politics, but Watu Wote was also great and really touching. It had political issues and was very tense during the hostage scene. I am dumbfounded that Silent Child won because it was genuinely the worst (or second worst) of the entire selection. Did they watch the films they voted on?

Boss Baby got nominated, that's all you need to know

Geeze, I'm ticked that Logan lost.

Also, I didn't even realize Living Vincent was in the running. I can't believe that lost to Coco.

So happy Jordan Peele won an Oscar for his first film, even though Get Out wasn't nearly as good as The Shape of Water.