what indicates a good network connection

Author Topic: what indicates a good network connection  (Read 4421 times)

I swear to loving god

so I bring this computer back home for spring break
literally as soon as I start playing video games on it the internet goes out for everyone in the house
so I bring it up and everyone's like "yeah okay our internet went out too but now it's back" and they told me to get onto the network with the number 5 in it

I look in wifi and I don't find it so I call my dad in and he's browsing through everything and he's like "restart" so I do
come back on, still can't find it

TURNS OUT my computer is physically incapable of finding this network
I searched online and entered a few commands into the console in order to check on my wifi adapter
it can only read 2.4GHz networks, not 5GHz ones, which is presumably what this "5" network is
so the only loving way I could fix the internet was to reset the router and kick everyone off the internet for five minutes
great

so now I'm eager to know what the forget I have to buy or do to get my computer to stop being such a loving stuffshow

/discuss
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 08:27:42 PM by Tactical Nuke »

so now I'm eager to know what the forget I have to buy or do to get my computer to stop being such a loving stuffshow
a better wireless adapter

sorry im not into robutts

just get a new internet card that can do what you need to do
otherwise i have no idea

speak for urself, my laptop is pretty hot

but yeah that is strange, but it seems like u fixed it already? or does it keep happening and u have to keep resetting the router?

get an ethernet cable you T H O T

got any recommendations
I have a Netgear A6210, pretty reasonably priced and I haven't had any problems with it, supports both 2.4 and 5.0Ghz

do you have an internet dongle? does your computer have a built in adapter? if you already have a usb dongle try replacing it

okay so revisiting this topic

my computer can connect to wifi but it's a very very weak connection, and it can't connect to 5 GHz networks at all
so I open up my computer to find the card and I can't find it

do I not have one? how am I connected to the internet otherwise?

do you see any antennas anywhere

i came into this thread tonight to say exactly this, lo and behold past me thought of this months ago