Author Topic: Need some assistance with sony vegas pro 13  (Read 650 times)

This is going to be a bit difficult to explain. I'm trying to test a few things in vegas and I'm trying to use text boxes to show a characters speech, a text box similar to the ones in those JRPG games. I created a little test in this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv4mNCBv9_Q

However there's a problem with it. First of all the text is placed badly, and when the second piece of information starts it's animation it's starting on the right and slowly moves to the left as the message is being created. This isn't how it works in the JRPG games like pokemon. The text is supposed to start on the left and it doesn't move as the message is being said.

Is there anyway to make the animation more like a JRPG game? also this text wasn't made using the type titler because whenever I use the type titler the text animation keeps looping and when the animation finishes it resets

for the placement, you can make it consistent by changing the location of the text layer instead of manually changing the locations of each text box/element

the button that looks like the square with a smaller blue square below it is what you're looking for.

for the placement, you can make it consistent by changing the location of the text layer instead of manually changing the locations of each text box/element

the button that looks like the square with a smaller blue square below it is what you're looking for.
Thank you so much, now all I need help with is the animation for the text

change the alignment from centered to left?

change the alignment from centered to left?
how do I do this?

how do I do this?

in vegas 12 i can change the anchor point to center left from center

in vegas 12 i can change the anchor point to center left from center
Oh, yes I've tried this. Whenever I add a keyframe when animating it just moves to the left it doesn't stay in place the way I want it to

https://i.imgur.com/J09Cvcb.gifv
Oh I see how you've done that, let me try it myself because I never knew you had to put an anchor point under the keyframe too

My keyframe for some reason isn't allowing me to add an anchor point it just looks like this:

EDIT: Okay I understand what to do, just need to click the clock on the anchor point but now for some reason whenever I add a letter in to animate the "centered to left" anchor point isn't adding onto the keyframe
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 04:32:53 PM by Mouse droidz 21 »

try adding the text first, and the center left anchor keyframe at the start of the animation as the last thing you do

try adding the text first, and the center left anchor keyframe at the start of the animation as the last thing you do
I must be doing something wrong, could you take a look at what I'm doing wrong here?

https://youtu.be/xY6oVOCS71c

It's just not working at all

isn't it magix vegas now?
and doesn't it come bundled with magix's stuffty adware? (if you're getting popups for Magix stuff, uninstall the program called "Connect." It's not a part of any of their products but gets installed when you install either Vegas or Music Maker. I installed both at the same time so I don't know which it is.)

Instead of using anchors, I would create a mask using event Pan/Crop mode which you can find here. Event Pan/Crop is the middle button that's at the end of any video/text clip.

Once you're in this mode, make sure you've checked the mask box since it's not enabled by default. Once it's enabled, select the Rectangle or Square Mask Creation tool which you can find on the left side of the tab.

Once you've selected that, you can create a rectangle over the text that you want to be hidden at first. Once you have the mask where you want it to be make sure that the mask's mode is Negative. This mode will make anything inside the mask disappear. You can change the mode of the mask under the Paths tab which is right next to where the mask creation tools are.

After you've set your mask to negative all you have to do is animate the mask via keyframes.