[call for talent] - help with a project

Author Topic: [call for talent] - help with a project  (Read 5010 times)

bare with me on this one....

hello blocklands modification discussion!! i havent really frequented here much since maps were removed, but im posting an ad of sorts for talented addon creators who would be willing to work on a project of mine for possibly no payout at all. but i promise theres an explanation (and if you need an immediate reason why, skip to the bold):

i wanna try and develop another blockland campaign, right? i really like dix miggie and its playful style. i appreciated the going above and beyond with the story and voice acting. two quirks ive never really seen in a story driven blockland project

im really interested in raising that bar a little, cause i know blockland can be pushed much farther than what dix miggie reached. i want to really flesh out a story with more custom content, better voice acting etc. but im missing the expertise necessary to create some of the things i know ill need.

i personally believe i can maintain most of the content creation. in terms of the addons ill need, the only things i dont understand and dont currently have the time to learn how to make right now are these categories:
  • bricks
  • playertypes
  • and events

if this sounds like something you'd be remotely interested in BEFORE i ruined it with "no payout at all", there is a payout. by that i simply mean this project could just... not happen. all this content could get made, and something could happen where i just cant finish it. time might be strained and it goes on hold forever, i get banned from my server somehow, i dont know. but what i do promise, as long as its not frowned upon in terms of the rules, is that i will compensate anyone willing to put reliable work into this project.

whether its money (which wont be a crazy amount, but ill try to make it worth your time) or steam games or some other form i can compensate you in, im willing to do it to see this project come to some kind of life. even if i can just push out just a level or two, maybe make a nice tech demo out of it? ill feel enough accomplishment to leave it at that.

id love to learn how to do this stuff on my own. im even willing to compensate for one-on-one experience, simply because, like i imagine some of you do too, i have a kind of schedule where my time has to be managed as efficiently as possible, and watching youtube/scanning bl tutorials to get an ambiguous but experimental idea of how rigging and brick creation works isn't really something i have time to explore. hands on explanation about what im doing in the now would help way way faster. especially if i could just record that and have my own tutorials xD

but yeah. if yall arent too terribly busy and wouldn't mind getting a bit of money/new games over the course of this year, hit me up with a pm and ill explain myself completely. i dont want to ruin any surprises that might be in store for everyone :))))

thank youuuuu hehehehe~

also: apologies if this is in the wrong board, this seemed like the most appropriate place to ask for this kind of thing

well if its like dix miggie... will u do VOICESSSSSSSSSSS?

well if its like dix miggie... will u do VOICESSSSSSSSSSS?
of course, my little devil you!!!!

I'm intrigued. I'd be willing to design a brick or two for free if it's more on the complex side (I like challenges)

My computer is indisposed so I can't really -test- many of the things I make but I can still operate SketchUp so I'm good there

By events do you mean eventing or coding events because I can also do the latter very well
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 09:27:18 PM by PhantOS »

of course, my little devil you!!!!
mhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... well i cant build for SHIET... i cant event for SHIET.. i cant code for SHIET... i can voice

I'm intrigued. I'd be willing to design a brick or two for free if it's more on the complex side (I like challenges)

My computer is indisposed so I can't really -test- many of the things I make but I can still operate SketchUp so I'm good there

By events do you mean eventing or coding events because I can also do the latter very well
coding events. modeling help would be nice too. im in most need of people on the technical end who can take a model and get in game properly

mhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... well i cant build for SHIET... i cant event for SHIET.. i cant code for SHIET... i can voice
depending how my story translates to this project, we'll see what we can do!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 09:50:57 PM by mod-man »

Hi I can't send long pms for some reason, Android only issue :/ anyways I'm posting my response here. If you want me to take it down at any time lmk

Yeah I remember you showed a lot of work that you did for it. I thought it was really cool and Miami vice ish

Uv mapping bricks is somewhat difficult but it can definitely be done, and I've exported bricks before as well. As long as you have a texture you want to be uv mapped, because designing textures is hard imo.

Static maps take a lot of work to texture, fix collision and even build. It would save you and everyone on the team a lot of time if you use bricks and modter. Even better, designing the textures you want and putting them on modter bricks. It also makes it easier to make changes later down the development process, since changing a few bricks around takes seconds, compared to a whole re-export of a static map.

Coding events is insanely easy and would take like 10 minutes for me or even someone else.

I am interested. I saw a lot of the old screenshots you had on your n64 type game and I loved it back then. If I were to help out in any way it would be very sparse. I don't have the time to design a hundred different bricks, but if you had something extremely unique and niche in mind, like, say a giant textured meteor, or other specialized bricks, I could certainly help out.

No payment necessary btw. Tho I would like to see some concept art / design notes if you have any, just so I can understand things wholistically.

Thx for your time
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:09:47 PM by PhantOS »

No payment necessary btw. Tho I would like to see some concept art / design notes if you have any, just so I can understand things wholistically.

Thx for your time
appreciate the interest! ill certainly get in touch with you and have what you need once i have a better idea of the kind of work you'll be doing. thank you! if pm wont work, send me a preferred way of getting in contact with you
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:19:42 PM by mod-man »

Pm works Its just I don't have my computer at this hour, and no problem

modman i was thinking the same thing. im on board

I can help with all aspects of modding, minus the extremely technical stuff. Contact Conan for information how to direct contact me as I don’t always check the forums.

i can help build if it doesent use modter stuff building

Dixmiggie didn't really "push" blockland to its limits but it did end up being a very large map that required you to ghost every little detail in order to not lag a forget ton while playing. I've been on and off with my own personal campaign but I don't have much of a team to really do much at the moment. So whatever your idea is for a campaign I hope its not to complicated.

I hope its not to complicated
it is extremely complicated. thats why i added that it may not happen. but im hoping compensation will be enough of an incentive to help me, even if the odds of this projects completion arent in anyones favor
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 11:46:42 AM by mod-man »