Author Topic: I'm so loving depressed  (Read 2523 times)

don't like your friends? drop them. it worked for me.

This I still feel like this was one of the best decisions I've made in the past two years

Imo bad friends (i.e. if they wreck your house, don't respect you or your property, ect.) Are worse than none at all

My closest "friends" were narcissistic and sociopathic the the latter now being in jail

I cringe when I think about the circle I used to hang with

so to preface, i'm here because i'm the one that usually plays your friends in your scenario. half of my friends are so "i'm so depressed it hurts" so there's that
ill tell you this first: it's loving annoying when you say that. not only does it prompt me to say "oh no you're not you're great" for the hundredth time but regardless of whether or not your depression is honest the placebo effect still exists. the more you say "im depressed" the more you're depressed. just take a minute and start making an effort to stop being and acting like you're depressed---you're lying to yourself if you don't think you can, or you don't think you're motivated enough to do it, it's easier than you think to come out of that hole (this coming from the one who continuously pulls people out of it)
second thing though it's even more aggrivating when you just automatically push away people that want to love you or care about you for the sake of wallowing in your own misery for no apparent reason, because it's both counterproductive and just overall a stuffty thing to do to the other guy. im sitting here putting heart and soul into doing my best to fill whatever hole is in you. it's loving annoying and just outright rude

tldr regardless of whether or not you have a reason to be depressed, actually make an effort to get yourself out---whether it's for your own good or the sanity of those around you, find a hobby, make new friends, whatever you have to do

just as a side note regarding your best friend: giving them something to worry about to distract them is better than making them watch as their best friend slowly kills himself. i know from experience.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:18:50 PM by Drydess »

It's gonna sound blunt, but the BLF is too autistic/inexperienced with these kinds of things to offer any sound advice.

I want to quit my job so loving bad. I've been considering doing it soon, like either this week or the next. I just don't want to hear the neverending stuff my parents are going to give me because, "Jesus, a fast food job is too hard for you?"
Fast food is loving hell. I quit my first job(fast food) after two months. Haven't had a job since then. Best decision I ever made.

If you are forced to have a job then literally work anywhere other than food.

It's gonna sound blunt, but the BLF is too autistic/inexperienced with these kinds of things to offer any sound advice.
(you included)

(you included)
Believe whatever makes you feel better.

TIL I can concurrently be type II bipolar and not understand how depression works.

@OP something that could be helpful moving forward is to try to talk to a school counselor or a therapist if you can get an appointment. Depression sucks but what sucks more is letting your life slip out of your control by not doing anything about it.

At college/university, the resources are there to help you if you need them. Most universities have some form of Counseling/Psychological services center. Often they can even act as an intermediary with professors if you're having a difficult time personally with the adjustment to college life. You just need to get on top of that ASAP so it doesn't derail your life academically if at all possible. I forgeted up in my freshman year by not talking to Counseling Services, but since I've been in contact with them I've had a much better time.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:10:24 AM by Cappytaino »

My closest "friends" were narcissistic and sociopathic the the latter now being in jail

I cringe when I think about the circle I used to hang with

ok this works perfectly on what happened to me today. incidentally it was the last day of my stuff job yesterday and it all came down today. one of my closest friends (for real, no quotation marks) overdosed on heroin. i feel like absolute stuff i didn't do anything about it, but i was powerless in the end because he hasn't told me anything about it. he was also using the loving stuff for 3 weeks and ends up in the hospital from it. i love him to death, we've been through hell and back, i just don't want to see him loving dead at 23.

sorry just blogland. i did meet him through my circle of "friends." we'd always chill and smoke weed. recently they've been real starfishs torwards to each other and i think this was the dose of medicine that we needed, something loving terrible to happen to one of us. i'm just really glad he's alive and under care in a hospital.

The important part is to not romanticize it. i feel like my major developmental turning point as a teenager was when I switched from "I'm sad because my life sucks" over to "I'm sad because my brain is loving with me". when that happened, I was able to recognize a lot of stuff like difficulty getting out of bed and losing interest in what I find fun as symptoms of a physical ailment and not my circumstances. in a way, it made me more equipped to fight it, because i could sorta isolate the stuffty thoughts as not really being my own. The sadness is still there, but it doesn't get in the way.

This is basically what's kept me afloat through the past 3 years of college despite having no friends (due to the isolation associated with my degree, work and travel) and parents that don't really understand me (they reject modern psychology, I came from a lineage of coal miners). In a nutshell, friends/family/therapy isn't going to do much good if you can't do any good for yourself.

Haven't ate since last friday.

Don't do this lol. If you really want to get through this, you have to look after your brain, which means a reasonably sane diet and getting a reasonable amount of sleep.

getting a reasonable amount of sleep.

oops. my sleep is forgeted.

Over the past years I've been posting my issues here and my depression too, this is a good place for advice. To be honest I feel about 75% of what you feel, I just feel almost the same way that I'm gonna lose a lot of friends (To be honest I have lost a load recently) one of my best friends tried to take her life so she's going through an awful period and it's just all forgeted up. When I do my job I get shouted at a bit and my boss is a loving cunt to work with but at least I'm getting paid good money for it. OP we will go through very hard times in life but the thing we must learn is that these times will eventually pass with the right amount of time. Another thing is I'd suggest making the best out of the time you have now, see your friends after school or during the weekends and also maybe try and help your best friend a bit. It's very hard but it will eventually get better. God bless you OP I hope you get better

If you really want to get through this, you have to look after your brain, which means a reasonably sane diet and getting a reasonable amount of sleep.
this. over the past year, i was threatened with a fake pregnancy, i lost so many meaningful relationships with friends, i lost my house, my car, my job, my phones, my family was falling apart and is currently struggling to put the pieces back together, i had to move in to a house i didnt want to move into and quite literally live with my problems for 5 months just to not end up homeless, literally loving everything that could go wrong went wrong

guess what? stuff happens. the sadness sucks, and sometimes you just have to have a drink and cry it out a little. but you cant lose sight of reality. you can't let the pain take you over and shut you down. you'll sit around, you'll do nothing, and you'll inevitably drive away those that are important to you. i watched it happen to others, and i refuse to let that happen to me. if i can help it i wont let it happen to anyone else either. thats such a painful way to lose what you care about and it will be your fault, even if what shut you down wasn't.

now i have my car back, i have a way better job, i have my own house, and everything is almost back to normal. normal enough for me to not consider it my darkest time anymore. its not perfect, but its 1000000000x better than what i was going through.

what ever you're feeling, most of it is in your head. take care of yourself. realize it could be worse but it isn't. do what you need/want to do to be happy. dont be afraid to talk to those you care about if you need to. if they care about you, they'll hear you out cause they want you to be happy. you aren't a burden if you're actually trying to get better

and if they give you stuff? do away with them. theres no shame in getting rid of what you need to get rid of if it will make you better as a person
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:05:18 PM by mod-man »