Got the galaxy s9

Author Topic: Got the galaxy s9  (Read 2557 times)

wait a day or so because im gonna fully charge it

i rooted my galaxy tab and installed a new os because the stock os was garbage and full of bloatware that i didnt want

Well I haven't used a Samsung device since then.
Do they still try to prevent you from replacing the rom?
I consider that stuffty behavior from a phone manufacturer.

As with most computers I own, I like to wipe the OS and install whatever suits my actual needs.
In most cases, the rom I choose is as close to stock Android + Gapps as possible.
The newer android versions have the option in debug mode to allow custom roms, so no.

Wait was that 500 outright or with a plan?

i remember samsung being the least brown town about rooting out of every manufacturer out there
That can't be right. There were a couple manufacturers that give downloads and detailed instructions for people who want to root, right?
I forgot which ones do that, but I remember that being a thing.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:02:17 PM by /dev/sr0 »

Wait was that 500 outright or with a plan?
800 was the original value, they took off 300 and then yeah, went with a plan of 33 a month along with the bill, we aren't on a contract so I could pay it off anytime I want -- note that these aren't exact numbers but pretty close

I have a moto (Specifically Moto E4 NOT E4 Plus!). Its better than my old phone (Metropcs Huewei Valient) and my dad got it for free. But then unlocked the bootloader, rooted it with TWRP to install things like Magisk and Xposed.

My phone

My old phone
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 08:57:07 AM by datiel12 »

My current phone is a ZTE ZMAX PRO and it's a sack of stuff

I want my next phone to be a BlackBerry Priv, that phone is rly nice

have a moto z play that acts pretty wonky so i'm going to get myself a z2 force with my new job

considering getting an s8. i dont think the extra cost of the s9 is worth it

considering getting an s8. i dont think the extra cost of the s9 is worth it
It's a Flagship phone and chances are it'll be updated to versions far past most samsung phones.

Yo post your digital selfie to the "post real life pictures of yourself" thread

That can't be right. There were a couple manufacturers that give downloads and detailed instructions for people who want to root, right?
I forgot which ones do that, but I remember that being a thing.
what i meant to say was samsung was historically the least brown town.

ofc there are manufacturers like oneplus who don't even void your warranty upon rooting nowadays, but back in like 2012-2013 manufacturers were too busy trying to lock the bootloader and various other garbage that required exploits in the system firmware to even root. samsung never, ever did this stuff. they never posted instructions or details either but it was basically the same for almost every samsung device out there outside of maybe 1 or 2 additional settings.