Anyone else fed up with this Marvel bullstuff?

Author Topic: Anyone else fed up with this Marvel bullstuff?  (Read 3114 times)

the masses eat up capestuff like it's the third coming of christ so of course they're gonna keep making them, besides have there even been any decent movies out recently besides the new blade runner and annihilation? people are probably starved for anything remotely entertaining
Blade runner 2 and annihilation were both stuff. Faux-deep "intellectual" schlock that just screams "LOOK MOM I'M DIRECTING"

Blade runner 2 and annihilation were both stuff. Faux-deep "intellectual" schlock that just screams "LOOK MOM I'M DIRECTING"
Your criticism is more shallow than you claim the movies to be

Eh.
I like the characters and world and will happily pay for yet another movie that I will almost certainly enjoy.
I also liked Star Wars 8.
I get that these movies are flawed in many ways, but I don't notice any of that stuff while I'm sitting in the theater being amazed.
I think that's because I'm not trying to spot problems.
I'm just trying to have fun watching stories about characters I've loved since I was a small child.

I feel like these movies gain more of a following because these movies are much more family-friendly and "safe". There are people who grew up with those characters back in the old days, and children just love superheroes because they're the ones that the kids look up to. I believe that's why these films are so popular, because mostly anybody can enjoy those films, even if they aren't that great sometimes.

> when you're low-key a hipster and haven't gotten triggered about something that people like, because you're obviously of a superior mind, so you sit back sipping on your two year old wine calling the masses sheep for liking a popular thing

The idea of Marvel movies is that it's basic. It's easy to follow and gets your mind off of the stuff people deal with on a daily.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a huge fan of movies in general, but the way you handicaps try to throw the line out is pathetic. People like different things than you, that's how the world is. "The Masses" like Marvel, big deal. From 2001 - 2011 it was Harry Potter. From 2012 - 2018 it's been Marvel. Two years down the road, it'll be something new.

Anyone think the idea of everything needing to be in a shared universe is a big part of what's making all these films so mediocre?
I think that's because I'm not trying to spot problems.
That's the thing. I'm not trying to spot them either, but I also can't find anything particularly good about them beyond being easy to digest for most viewers. The characters aren't very interesting to me since most are infallible, the stories tend to play out the same way, the special and visual effects are pretty standard, etc.

> when you're low-key a hipster and haven't gotten triggered about something that people like, because you're obviously of a superior mind, so you sit back sipping on your two year old wine calling the masses sheep for liking a popular thing

The idea of Marvel movies is that it's basic. It's easy to follow and gets your mind off of the stuff people deal with on a daily.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a huge fan of movies in general, but the way you handicaps try to throw the line out is pathetic. People like different things than you, that's how the world is. "The Masses" like Marvel, big deal. From 2001 - 2011 it was Harry Potter. From 2012 - 2018 it's been Marvel. Two years down the road, it'll be something new.
wow you're so smart aplem, calling people hipsters and all.

wow you're so smart aplem, calling people hipsters and all.

ah thanks my guy, wanna forget?

its just generic capestuff i dont get why youre getting so upset about it

>>>when you get called a hipster for not liking legitimately well written films

LE TROLLED EPIX MINECRAFT STYLE XDDDD

reminder that the emoji movie was a box office success

dont remind me

>>>when you get called a hipster for not liking legitimately well written films

but they're stuff films

tfw these forums are so far gone that you can't tell if someone's being sarcastic when they post

tfw these forums are so far gone that you can't tell if someone's being sarcastic when they post

Get nae nae'd kid

I didn't expect people to have ground-breaking opinions on movies but this thread still ended up disappointing me

Does it seriously piss you off that people are excited for a movie you don't like?