Just a suggestion for people that make bricks that mount on walls.

Author Topic: Just a suggestion for people that make bricks that mount on walls.  (Read 3993 times)

I notice with a lot of wall mounted bricks, they are always floating which requires like invisible bricks under it, why not just make the brick able to become planted on walls without invisible walls?

So right here it's floating so I can't plant it.

And right here I need invisible bricks, it just looks messy.

In this image it has a 1x4 brick attached to it on the back so I can plant it on walls without invisible bricks.

I think doing that seems like a better alternative instead of relying on invisible bricks to support it.

Or better yet we have bricks like this that allow you to plant bricks against the wall without needing invisible bricks underneath.

It probably isn't possible because the bounds would collide with the top brick

you could always use floating bricks instead of invisible bricks

Thats not any of this even works

Adding a psuedo-brick to the back of a wall-mounted prop would totally work and is a good idea.

It probably isn't possible because the bounds would collide with the top brick
It is possible.  See the defaultish 2x2 Corner brick.

In this image it has a 1x4 brick attached to it on the back so I can plant it on walls without invisible bricks.
This introduces a new problem: we can only use that brick when there's a 1x4 opening available. What if I want to use it on a smaller section of wall or in a corner?

Just use the floating bricks add-on.

This introduces a new problem: we can only use that brick when there's a 1x4 opening available. What if I want to use it on a smaller section of wall or in a corner?

Um, it doesn't have to be a 1x4 brick. That was just an example.

Just use the floating bricks add-on.

So many problems with this.

First problem is /clearfloatingbricks

Second problem is whenever I save bricks that are floating it doesn't save ownership and it automatically saves it under myself.

So many problems with this.

First problem is /clearfloatingbricks

Second problem is whenever I save bricks that are floating it doesn't save ownership and it automatically saves it under myself.
use visolator's autosaver over normal default saving and all ownership is saved properly. default saving also doesnt save ownership if someone builds on someone else's stuff - their stuff gets converted to the owner of the bricks it was built on (where the lowest brick/brick touching the ground is treated as the owner).

use visolator's autosaver over normal default saving and all ownership is saved properly. default saving also doesnt save ownership if someone builds on someone else's stuff - their stuff gets converted to the owner of the bricks it was built on (where the lowest brick/brick touching the ground is treated as the owner).

This sounds more complicated than it needs to be lol

This isn't how the octtree was set up.

At some point I made a 'decal' brick that could be placed onto the side of the wall, which was just a brick in the water layer that's boundaries extended beyond the 'back' of the decal, which meant it could be placed inside walls and give the illusion that it was attached to the wall

the only problem is that it's in the water layer which means it can't be placed inside water layer bricks lol

Use modter or /fp lol
it use less  bricks and its default (for modter)