BlockoWorld 2018 - BUILDING IS OPEN

Author Topic: BlockoWorld 2018 - BUILDING IS OPEN  (Read 10229 times)

oooo a logo that means we're in the beta stage

What the hell is BlockoWorld?

BlockoWorld is a in-game summer festival/gathering of the community. Originally it was a eventing convention in early 2009, and the first BlockoWorld event with a community focus was in fall of 2009. This year we are doing a open world version of the event, which I've never done before. TheBlackParrot did a similar format, but this is essentially a private Block Party to build, public to experience.

When is this happening?

TBD. Current window for grand opening is May/June 2018.

Who's involved?

• iEvent (we're back baby)
  • Square Society
  • Anodyne
  • Conan
  • KHANISTS UNITE

...and many more!

How can I help?

Currently the staff/building application is open. PM me for details on how to be involved.

For staff application, go to here: https://goo.gl/forms/Ji0axCQpvW10RiCr1

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:33:39 AM by TomTheGeek² »

...why is there a huge stage in the center?

This is the centerpiece of BlockoWorld. I wanted more of a summer kick-off vibe to it. During the day, we will stream an automated selection of music via our Icecast stream + BL-Browser.

What if I can't get BL-Browser working/I refuse to use DLL mods

Totally cool. We will provide the same streaming link in case you don't want to use BL-Browser.

Main Stage Special Events

There will be specialty events throughout the span of BlockoWorld. Check back here for more info on what events there will be and what times they will occur at.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 05:04:23 AM by TomTheGeek² »

erm i don't think this is a yes or no question lol

but ya i forgot about these, i never went to one but i may this year :)

I've always liked blockoworld, but I feel like at this point in time we're running pretty low on people who want to showcase stuff that's worthwhile seeing. That's all up to speculation though, I hope for the best here.

what about me?
i'm actually making a good house, but development is halted for now

I'm assuming it means "yes or no, respectively", as in
  • "yes" for outside
  • "no" for inside

yo hopefully this turns out well, the builds so far look good

I've always liked the large indoor convention center format with larger exposition pieces placed outdoors.

Yes, the venue should be outside or inside.
No, the venue shouldn't be outside or inside.

Come on, it's that easy.

I mean it is an OR question and the venue can only be either outside or inside. So the answer is obviously 'yes'

I mean it is an OR question and the venue can only be either outside or inside. So the answer is obviously 'yes'

i was so tired DON'T ask i'll fix it. i think outside is better anyways SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I've always liked the large indoor convention center format with larger exposition pieces placed outdoors.

cool idea! that actually could solve some problems. i went through a lot of the blockoworlds and they were all inside and bland.

I've always liked blockoworld, but I feel like at this point in time we're running pretty low on people who want to showcase stuff that's worthwhile seeing. That's all up to speculation though, I hope for the best here.

that's the reason why the poll exists. new years pulled in 100 people, so why not blockoworld? i also want to do this one and maybe next year because this is the 9th year i've done it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 03:45:31 PM by TomTheGeek² »

It's cool to see people working on events. I actually don't like events because it absorbs the entire master server and kills off all other servers. Last I checked these are mostly just social events with overflowing chat and 300 different EDM loops

If you're going to make an event, at least add a section for people who want to have fun doing something. Like a team deathmatch, or a tournament, maybe a new cool race concept or a co-op survival mode. It'll help because the people who do like to play on such servers will have no one else to play with because the entire playerbase will be here. This way they'll have something to do

It will also boost the playercount even further probably

It's cool to see people working on events. I actually don't like events because it absorbs the entire master server and kills off all other servers. Last I checked these are mostly just social events with overflowing chat and 300 different EDM loops

If you're going to make an event, at least add a section for people who want to have fun doing something. Like a team deathmatch, or a tournament, maybe a new cool race concept or a co-op survival mode. It'll help because the people who do like to play on such servers will have no one else to play with because the entire playerbase will be here. This way they'll have something to do

It will also boost the playercount even further probably
This is something Tom and I talked about just yesterday. There were some little interactive games in the booth jeprimer and I made for blockoworld 2016-- now he and I are thinking about how we can enlarge them into games that can hold the attention of numerous players. on top of that, iEvent was always inventing unbelievable gadgets using only bricks and events, so I bet Tom has some tricks up his sleeve too. There is fun stuff in store...